Lean Manufacturing vs Six Sigma; Which should I use?

1. LeanMan profile image87
    LeanManposted 5 years ago

Lean Manufacturing vs Six Sigma; Which should I use?

Lean Manufacturing vs Six Sigma is a debate that has been ongoing for some time, which should I use? The two business improvement philosophies have been around for some time but which in your opinion is best suited to improve businesses in the west and why? My personal opinion is that they are not mutually exclusive and a company should actually implement both techniques together to improve efficiency and profits allowing a company to become more competitive in this global market. But what is your opinion and why?

2. BlissfulWriter profile image69
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

Why don't you use both?  "Lean Six Sigma" is the methodology that combines "six sigma" with "lean manufacturing".

3. gitachud profile image90
    gitachudposted 4 years ago

I think using lean manufacturing with a little bit of the six sigma tools is much better. If a company is looking for quick results in terms of general workforce acceptance it should go for Lean Manufacturing. Six Sigma tends to create a elitist clique of staff who appear to look down upon their colleagues leading to resistance problems with the staff. With lean the chances of getting all staff on board is far easier than with six sigma. The LeanSigma approach seems to be a better compromise as it takes the best of both worlds

working