What are your top 3 most important characteristics that define an extraordinary leader?
I consider these to the most important ones:
1) Being humble, remembering where one comes from
How about yours?
1) Set a good example- Your followers/employees have to respect you as a person and respect your work.
2) Provide constant feedback- positive and negative (if needed)
3) Be actively engaged in your follower's/employee's lives and careers- Don't overstep any boundaries, but show people that you care about them, are interested in their success, and are interested in helping them achieve success.
1. Ability to see the big picture- I've known leaders who got so wrapped up in the here and now that they lost sight of the big picture and made bad choices.
2. Ability to inspire others around them- In order to inspire, a leader has to earn the trust of those that they lead, understand their audience's needs, desires, and motivators, and the leader should be looking out for the good of the whole and not a select group.
3. Ability to empathize- Leaders should be able to put themselves in another situation in order to be able to understand those that they lead.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.