How Much Do Pet Sitters and Baby Sitters Earn?

1. Flavie Lolol profile image77
    Flavie Lololposted 5 years ago

How Much Do Pet Sitters and Baby Sitters Earn?

Between pet sitter and baby sitter jobs: Which job do you think is easier to do? Which job is easier to find? Which job do you think should pay more?

2. TheLifeExperiment profile image58
    TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years ago

I've done both, and I prefer pet sitting waaaay more than babysitting. Pet sitting usually takes a few days while babysitting is more like a matter of hours, therefore you get less money babysitting. Also, when you're babysitting you have to keep an eye on the baby at all times, but with petsitting, you really only have to check up on the animals once or twice a day then go on with your business. I guess it really depends on how long, who you are pet/babysitting for, and if they expect you to tell them how much money you want.

3. annacronin profile image41
    annacroninposted 4 years ago

As a professional pet sitter, I have joined the professional organization, Pet Sitters International out of King, North Carolina. From information they've obtained from their members, the average pet sitter charges approximately $17/visit. This information is collected from members around the country, and the cost of visits will vary due to region, economy, services provided, years of experience, etc.

One of the first replies I receive as a pet sitter is "how fun." Not quite, at times. I've been in business 22 years and have seen the industry change dramatically. As in any business, there are slow periods and periods of the year that are overwhelming  with business. Many come into this business believing client's will knock down their door immediately, and it's just not true.