Amazon vs Adense Earnings?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)
  1. Michael Arida profile image61
    Michael Aridaposted 6 years ago

Amazon vs Adense Earnings?

Currently I am making about 50 dollars every day or two from Adsense but my total earnings from Amazon haven't even reached 1 dollar yet. I am simply curious to find out if this is the average experience or if I am simply not picking/marketing the products well enough?

Currently what I do is try to make it as relevant of a product to my posts/blog and make a post directly for the product with image, description and a link at the bottom in a h3 tag. I am not using any Amazon widgets anymore.

Is it possible to earn any real money with Amazon compared to Adsense? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

2. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

Just choose the products well, give visitors both the pros and cons of using it as well as alternatives that compliment the missing features in a particular product. Most of all choose the keywords well

Michael Aridaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, I also know that presentation in general has something to do with it. Is there any ways you recommend packaging my posts? For example it would be the same as styling Adsense to match the blog theme and putting them in certain spots

2. lobobrandon profile image89
      lobobrandonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Take a look at some of my latest hubs and you'll see - I'm not an expert but I guess I've done it right. Only time will tell.

3. MikeNV profile image78
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

If you want to make money with Amazon you have to do several things:

1.  Use Text Ads that are SPECIFICALLY related to the INTENTIONS of your visitors
    2.  Products, products, products - your writing must focus on PRODUCTS
    3.  BENEFITS BENEFITS BENEFITS - Features do NOT Matter

1 - User intention is everything - people ignore banners and read keywords in text, Amazon lets you create your own keywords - USE THEM!

2 - Amazon sells products.  If you write a long boring article about HDTV resolution your visitor might read it, but probably not.  But if you write an article about a specific product - say a brand new smart phone and people find your article while looking for "reviews" of that smart phone and your Amazon Text ad says the keywords they used to find your article you might just make a sale.

3 -  People don't care how many megs of ram it has, the resolution of the screen... etc.  They want to know how owning the product will make their lives better.  So if you are selling big screen TV's all the facts in the world mean nothing (They will read those on their own)... you have to create a mindset where owning the product is more important than not owning the product.  And that means describing the BENEFITS of owning the product not some boring review listing all the specs they can get from the manufacturers site.  ADD VALUE

Amazon has a 24 hours cookie so you need to ASK FOR THE SALE.

But honestly if you are doing well with Adsense then forget about Amazon and just do more of what you are doing with Adsense.

But if you do Amazon, focus on products that are unique that they can not get locally or that are at a significant price advantage.  People will crack their wallet for 50 or less without thinking too much, but getting that Big Screen sale is much tougher because they do stop and think and compare... so you have to get them at the end of the shopping cycle because of Amazon's 24 hour cookie.

Michael Aridaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well the reason why I wanted to do both if possible is it's never good to let everything ride on one thing. I know I am not breaking any Adsense rules however rules could change, could get kicked out for some reason, etc. I just want to diversify.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)