jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are your thoughts on hiring an overseas virtual assistant? It is exploitati

1. WebsiteConfetti profile image66
    WebsiteConfettiposted 5 years ago

What are your thoughts on hiring an overseas virtual assistant? It is exploitation? Are you a VA?

I am overwhelmed with projects  and was suggested to hire a VA to ease the workload.  I cannot afford to hire a local  VA ($30 per hour) and  was suggested to hire an overseas based VA for around $3-5 an hour would.
    That pay rate seems on the low side, but Ive been told that I need to consider the general lower cost of living in some countries (groceries etc) and that the exchange rate reflects this. Do you agree with this? If I did decide to hire an overseas VA, how would I find out what the average rate of pay is?
    I'd love to hear from VA's a well on what are you thoughts

2. Ramsa1 profile image62
    Ramsa1posted 5 years ago

I would have no problem hiring an overseas VA. If they're willing to work for $5/hr instead $30/hr, why not? From what I've read, the overseas VAs are as good as  American VAs. I would try to get one from India as these individuals tend to be very well educated and good at what they do. Good luck.

3. SunSeven profile image60
    SunSevenposted 5 years ago

I usually charge $8-12 per hour, depending on the complexity of the work, and sometimes on a project basis. Let me know what sort of projects you have, so that I can send you a quote.

Best Regards

4. Muhammad Asif Jav profile image60
    Muhammad Asif Javposted 5 years ago

I have seen rates of Virtual Assistants on freelancing sites such as odesk.com. There are different rates depending upon nature of work and qualifications of Virtual assistants. Some times it is around 3$ to 5$ or even less and sometimes it is higher as 10$ to 22$ or even more. I charge 8$.