Should Dollar General Stores have more security for the people that work there?

1. IDONO profile image81
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

Should Dollar General Stores have more security for the people that work there?

These stores are mainly in low income, low class neighborhoods. Therefore, theft is thru the roof. Most of the time there are only 2 women working to try to control everything, including theft. I fear for them. The company may say they can't afford more security and keep their prices low. However, I see that they sponsor a NASCAR team among other things. They can afford that , but can't afford safety for their minimum wage employees. That's sad.

2. pippap profile image85
    pippapposted 5 years ago

I believe that if you are an employer, it is your absolute duty to provide a workplace for your employee(s) that is as safe as you can possibly make it.

If that means security bars have to be added to the ceiling as well as the windows and doors, then that's what should be done.  More security cameras needed?  Then install them.

If you cannot afford to (or don't want to) make the worksite as safe as can possibly be - then you shouldn't to be in business.

I agree with you.  Why not ask the company what the public who buys their product(s) would think if they knew the company cared more about their NASCAR team than they did employee safety.

working