jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If there were a cheaper alternative to Ebay.com and Amazon.com would you sell on

1. collegedad profile image76
    collegedadposted 5 years ago

If there were a cheaper alternative to Ebay.com and Amazon.com would you sell online?

I've been using both Ebay and Amazon for several years now and have found the fees to be outlandish. This fees take a rather large chunk out of my profits! Does the fee structure of these two mega sites inhibit your desire to utilize their services. If so have you found any alternatives.

2. NeilsHotDeals profile image76
    NeilsHotDealsposted 5 years ago

I would have to say yes but this where it is hard.  EBAY was the first and still the best around in terms of getting your items on the web.  EBAY has moved away from many things that help the small guy which every time they send me a survey I tell them that. 
    Now I just put some items up for auction and they are going to sell because I am trying to clear the clutter out of my place.  My store items it is hit and miss.
    They key to success with EBAY is knowing how to list correctly, and cross sell.  People do not realize you have the ability to cross sell for free.

3. BraidedZero profile image90
    BraidedZeroposted 5 years ago

It all matters on the size of the item. Small items, eBay and Amazon will be your best bet. Large items, you might want to try Craigslist. Honestly though, and sadly enough, they are your best bet. They have the ability to charge so much for selling because they know people don't have another avenue.

4. profile image0
    Sarah Hurstposted 5 years ago

I've been buying and selling on Ebay for several years now and I only list items to sell when they host a free listing special where fees are waived. Otherwise, like you said, the fees can be outrageous. Not only to you generally have to pay to sell the items, but you have to pay a percentage fee when your item sells. I haven't sold anything on Amazon, so I can't speak for them and their fee structure. If another alternative site was available to sell items, I would probably check it out. I've heard of some other auction-type sites, but I've not visited them yet. I think if would be very hard for sites other than Ebay and Amazon to break into the market, when those 2 seem to dominate. I agree that Ebay and Amazon are good for smaller items, but for larger items, I do check out Craiglist or the local newspaper for bargains.

5. dpsimswm profile image60
    dpsimswmposted 5 years ago

How about Craigslist?  It's good for selling large lots of things like maternity clothes and things that would require expensive shipping.

6. floriferous profile image59
    floriferousposted 5 years ago

If you sell hand-crafted or vintage items, you can sell on Etsy ...  20 cents per 3-month listing and 2.5% FVFs. Best deal out there if you want an online store. Keep it updated daily and you will earn daily.

7. profile image51
    LovedHandbagsposted 5 years ago

Yes how about FREE!  I opened a store on TrEmbu.com after my store was suspended on Etsy and they are easy to use and FREE. No monthly fees and only pay $5.99 yearly membership.

You can list with SKU if you want, also with variations. I LOVE TrEmbu
    come and see my store I started selling right away. By the way you can list anything of quality.

8. david-sears profile image59
    david-searsposted 5 years ago

Check out Sell On Sears.  I work for Sears Commerce Services.  In a addition to the ability to Reach millions of potential customers, grow your business, and increase sales, we also offer a fulfillment service called Fulfilled by Sears where you can ship your inventory to us and we will store it for you in our secure warehouse. Then when your products sell, either on your own site or third party marketplace sites, such as Amazon, eBay, or Sears.com, our team will pick, pack, and ship your order out. You can’t go wrong by teaming up with a recognized leader in the online retail space with strong multi-channel capabilities!  The fees are cut and dry.  Not complicated at all.  You can learn more about the service here: http://www.searscommerceservices.com/fu … sears.html