jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What's your opinion on sites like oDesk?

1. ysdata profile image60
    ysdataposted 5 years ago

What's your opinion on sites like oDesk?

Can you really make money? Is it easy to use? If you post projects do you get the work done right the first time?

2. EuroCafeAuLait profile image85
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 5 years ago

My opinion is mixed.  Before it was a great way to find online clients and jobs, but lately all I see is a type of online slavery. The job providers want ten articles written in one day, top quality, for minimum pay.  They want too much for much too little - another case of the little guy being exploited by the man.

1. bucktrak profile image82
      bucktrakposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Couldn't agree more with Euro: I see plenty of "I need 50 posts 1,000 words each and will pay $2 per post. Oh, and native English writers only". I've had better luck with Elance; no jobs at all on oDesk.

2. ysdata profile image60
      ysdataposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree, I do see a lot more of that. However I'm still able to find a project here and there.  I just stay away from article writing & other similar projects

3. sassymomonthego profile image60
    sassymomonthegoposted 5 years ago

This is a case by case basis depends on where you are from and what job you are doing. I am from Philippines and do Admin Support jobs and I am paid $3-3.50 an hour. Now, do I make real money? Yes, in our standard I get higher income than the average worker base salary. The minimum wage here is P446.00 or $10+ a day, divide it by 8 to get per hour income it is $1.34/hour. My 2 active contracts pays $3/hr and $3.50/hr. Go figure.

I am still looking for a higher rate but for an admin tasks, I doubt if someone will pay me higher than $5/hr..but I am hoping.