jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have you tried writing for odesk?

1. rob_allen profile image83
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

Have you tried writing for odesk?

have you tried writing for odesk? how was it?

2. D22314 profile image78
    D22314posted 6 years ago

Yes, I have, though a lot of my work was rejected; clients there are very picky. However, I make a ton of cash if I put in the time, at least $10-$15 an assignment. If you have the time to take their tests and learn how to use the site, it could be a great source of revenue.

3. EuroCafeAuLait profile image85
    EuroCafeAuLaitposted 6 years ago

Yes!  It has been a good second source of income for me.  There are plenty of jobs to choose from.  It pays to shop around, some of them are ridiculously low paid, others are fine.  The program itself is a little unfriendly, IMHO, but the online help is excellent.

4. CZCZCZ profile image84
    CZCZCZposted 6 years ago

Yes I have been able to secure several good writing jobs while on oDesk.  I have written eBooks and other projects for clients.  There are lots of low cost writing jobs around, but if your talents fit a niche well it is possible to earn very good money writing on oDesk when you find the right projects.

5. hoteltravel profile image71
    hoteltravelposted 6 years ago

Once I did a job through odesk, but had to chase the client to get payment. Their tracking software also puts me off. Moreover, similar or better writing jobs are available in elance.

6. officialvillas profile image61
    officialvillasposted 6 years ago

Im planning to have an account on odesk since my sister in law told me that its also income generating. .your client pays well depending on what you're working though

7. profile image0
    technibzposted 5 years ago

Yes. It was a great way to earn but you really have to work on it. I could get $1k/month (not bad cause it was my first job). I come from the South East Asia and found that most of the contractors are actually from the same region so I did not have a problem on competing with pay but you do have to set a limit.  Competition is fierce and cut-throat that some jobs don't really seem worth it. But once you get your first job, and make sure you really do well with that for the rating, you can get better jobs. After a few months of working on it, I got an hourly contract paying $10+/hour. If you need to know anything else, I'd be happy to help you, just contact me here in hp. Good luck rob_allen!