jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Is this Chick-Fil-A controversy being blown out of proportion?

1. kreate profile image69
    kreateposted 5 years ago

Is this Chick-Fil-A controversy being blown out of proportion?

2. flacoinohio profile image81
    flacoinohioposted 5 years ago

I think it has been blown out of proportion, people are entitled to their opinions and beliefs.  The outcry and gay rights reaction is nothing but a chance for people with conflicting interests to enforce their views upon other people.  I don't really care if people chose to live a gay or lesbian lifestyle, but forcing people who think their choice is morally wrong to accept their lifestyle is wrong .   People don't eat at Chick-Fil-A because of the personal beliefs of the owner and corporate employees, they eat there because they have a desirable product and atmosphere.  That and they have cows that encourage people to eat more "chikin".

1. lburmaster profile image82
      lburmasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Um... I eat there because of Cathy's beliefs and their support for Student Leadership University. The fact that the food is healthy and I have a great time going there is a bonus.

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Honestly, I don't believe so. However, I agree with Chick-Fil-A. If anything, it should be given more thought and be discussed more.

4. profile image69
    win-winresourcesposted 5 years ago

Hi Kreate-

Everyone has the right to adopt and support their particular causes and positions.  And, yes, they can even donate millions of dollars if they've a mind to.
    But, what I  don't get, is why a fast food retailer (operative term: retailer) wants to intentionally alienate a large piece of his potential business. This doesn't make much financial sense.

I guess he can choose to damage his business if he wants to.  Adversely impacting shareholders, stakeholders, and investors - that's another story.

5. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

People can do what they like. I don't like how the press is blowing it out of proportion.