jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What kinds of ads do you find most annoying?

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image96
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

What kinds of ads do you find most annoying?

Is it the ones that pop up in your face and obscure what you're trying to read, regardless of whether you 'moused over' something or not  (or maybe the mousing border is too broad/sensitive?), or the audio ads that start playing in the background when you land on a page?
    Me?  I hate them all--an ad should be a voluntary choice to view if interested.

2. pippap profile image84
    pippapposted 5 years ago

I hate all advertisements.  They all talk down to me as if I am unable of making an informed decision without them.  Give me an advertisement that tells me the truth about the product in plain language.  Of course, pigs may fly first.

3. KT Banks profile image61
    KT Banksposted 5 years ago

I've been annoyed with the type you mentioned for a long time. Lately there is a new type of ad that is really irritating me. They appear on the bottom third of a TV screen - In the MIddle of a movie or show. It totally takes you "out of the moment", and is very distracting. To me it is just plain rude, and I make a mental note to avoid whatever it is they are trying to push on me.

4. GiblinGirl profile image84
    GiblinGirlposted 5 years ago

I hate any television ads that include alarm clocks going off - that sound is irritating at any time of the day.  I also hate radio ads that include anything that sounds like a siren - I always make sure I move out of the way if an ambulance is coming and ads that include this sound are just distracting.

5. Ann1Az2 profile image68
    Ann1Az2posted 5 years ago

I dislike all of the animated ads on the side and top of the screen. I also dislike the ones that flash on as you try to sign into your email and the ad takes up half the screen. Car ads are notorious for this. I especially dislike the political ads. It's distracting to sign into your email and find one of the candidates waving at you from the side of your screen.

Closed to reply