jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

I got hurt at work. What is the best course of action?

1. jessefutch profile image59
    jessefutchposted 5 years ago

I got hurt at work. What is the best course of action?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

If they are being difficult, Acquire an Attorney immediately.

jessefutchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have been told getting a lawyer is the best thing to do. What does one do if the company offers to assign me a lawyer they already have on retainer?

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

The Companies Attorney will not have your best interest in mind. I would retain my own Attorney. Most companies have a permanent Attorney for cases such as this. DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING, Until you speak with your own Attorney.

3. Austinstar profile image87
      Austinstarposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Tell them you have your own lawyer, thank you very much.

3. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 5 years ago

See a solicitor and don't waste your time with a bunch of amateurs on here who can say they have, x, qulifications, and you have no way of checking.

What type of amateurs on here? You mean on Hubpages? Or at work?

4. profile image0
    Justsilvieposted 5 years ago

Call a lawyer! Workers Comp cases can get really messy and its best to know all your rights from the get go.

I think knowing your rights is a very good idea. Do you think I should pick the cheapest accredited lawyer I can find? Or should I shop around for a lawyer? I've heard many lawyers take between 25-40% of any money you receive from a Workers Comp case

2. profile image0
      Justsilvieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Almost wanted to say check Angie's list. I honestly do not know. If you have a lawyer, who you've worked with on other legal matters you might ask them to suggest one.

5. Austinstar profile image87
    Austinstarposted 5 years ago

Document everything! Witnesses, photos, doctor's names, dates of treatments, EVERYTHING. Overwhelm them with paper proof of injury and pain and suffering and well, everything!

That sounds like a great idea. I am sure covering all your possible outcomes and avenues is prudent. I assume also that if you have an attorney you will save them lots of legwork by having all of this documented.

working