jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What was your first job?

1. JakeFrost profile image60
    JakeFrostposted 5 years ago

What was your first job?

What was your first job? And were you satisfied?

2. Hezekiah profile image88
    Hezekiahposted 5 years ago

For me, the paper round, or the "Paper Boy" as they may call it in the US.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

When I was fifteen years old I worked as an umpire for the local Little League baseball organization. It sucked. I quickly learned that parents and youth sports don't mix well.

4. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Swim Instructor at the YMCA. The job itself was good and I enjoyed working with the children. However, my co-workers were not great at all. Throwing my stuff into the pool, giving dead-legs left and right. Honestly, I was glad when the summer was over. Now I'm still a swim instructor but privately so there are no co-workers to ruin my day.

5. chef-de-jour profile image98
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

I helped on a farm one summer when I was eleven years old. The days were warm, long and exciting. I was up at dawn most mornings and walked back to my granny's cottage early evening. Work involved tidying up the farm yard after the harvester and tractors had finished their field work, and helping 'bag taters' - fill sacks with early potatoes. I loved my 5 weeks on the farm. It was there I received my first pay packet - from the farmer himself - I was so proud holding that small brown envelope packed with pound notes and cash.

6. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

I was 14 when I started working in a small neighborhood pharmacy. There was no soda fountain or magazine rack. Toothpaste,shaving supplies, some cosmetics filled the few shelves. Our business was prescriptions. I learned all the Latin abbreviations that doctors use and at that time, knew the name of all the popular drugs of the day, most of which are not on the market any longer. I was also the cashier and chief janitor. I made $25 a week.