jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What was your very first job?

1. slappywalker profile image99
    slappywalkerposted 3 years ago

What was your very first job?

What did you love/hate about it? Would you do it again?

2. Nell Rose profile image92
    Nell Roseposted 3 years ago

My very first job was in a record store! I was 13 years old and it was great! I had to put all the records out, LPs and Singles, we also had a couple of bands come in to sign them too! What a great first job!

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

When I was 16, my summer job was umpiring for my town's Little League. It sucked. Kids mouthed off to me constantly, and I once had a parent threaten to "kick my punk ass" (that's an exact quote) after the game because I'd called his kid "out" on a play at home plate. The aggravation wasn't worth the $10 per game I was earning. The league called me the next summer to ask if I'd be interested in doing it again and I said "hell, no!"

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I worked at the local library during the summer between my junior and senior year of high school. I reshelved books, worked the checkout desk, and other little jobs. I loved it because it gave me a chance to see and read all of the new books that came out that summer.

5. zacharybrown profile image61
    zacharybrownposted 3 years ago

I had my very first job when I was 14 years old. It was at a window company and I was tasked with cleaning out the truck trailers, the yard, shop, and offices. It wasn't a dream job by any means, but it reinforced the importance of hard work and built confidence in my ability to earn money early.

6. mrkaen002 profile image61
    mrkaen002posted 3 years ago

Job in forest,hard job,but well paid...It was a very long time ago..

working