jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

How many are still looking for jobs or now starting your own business?

1. BSloan profile image74
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

How many are still looking for jobs or now starting your own business?

For those of you who are unemployed, do you continue to look for jobs or are now starting your own business? 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7250257_f260.jpg

2. KDF profile image75
    KDFposted 5 years ago

Still afraid to open my own business, to small of a community and to big of a risk at this time. Always looking for better job, current one barely pays the bills and is 3rd shift

BSloanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Where you live does make a big difference in being able to start a business.  Here in Miami it's a big city but so much competition that the small guy is always left behind.

3. rcrumple profile image82
    rcrumpleposted 5 years ago

I'm still actively looking for work, but not a position that pays what most do.  When one has been used to 6 digits, $9 per hour is an insult, regardless of what the government wants you to think.  I'll be more than happy to take one of those jobs as soon as I see any politician working for the same amount.  Starting a business generally takes start up cash, which in today's income is difficult to provide.  Writing pays little, but is something worth pursuing while job searching.

Yes, I would also love to see any politician having to make ends meet with any of our incomes.

4. tysonbaker profile image60
    tysonbakerposted 5 years ago

I have been looking for a job since July but harder now sincde I am running out of money.

5. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years ago

BSloan,

I have now started my own business as a voice actor. I do voice overs in  my home studio. I would much rather work for myself than someone else. You get all of the profits that way.

Lisa

That sounds like a really interesting job, must be lots of fun.

2. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
      lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

BSloan,

Don't quit until you find something you love to do.
      Lisa

6. KevinTimothy profile image82
    KevinTimothyposted 5 years ago

Starting a business, of course. But that won't work really well without a sound marketing plan to execute each day. How do you generated steady (targeted) prospects? Where is your cash flow going to come from (to fuel your business)? These are important questions that the aspiring entrepreneur must answer before starting their business.

working