jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How Long Should It Take Someone To Find A Job?

1. marriednokids profile image57
    marriednokidsposted 6 years ago

How Long Should It Take Someone To Find A Job?

2. chanroth profile image73
    chanrothposted 6 years ago

It could take up to days, weeks, months and even year. I look for work after getting my Certified in NA, and its about 6 month I had a job. After few years working, I held two other job, resign from my first work after license expired, and the others I was laid off...still looking for work. It feel like a year when its been a couple of month. I'm still looking...but kind of giving up hope now. Therefore I'm going back to school. Maybe I'm back to flipping hamburger again...and deliver pizza. My friend took about 2 years and found a job. I think in this economy, not ever going to find a job, if your lucky you will. There is some little things out there...just have to search.

3. point2make profile image81
    point2makeposted 6 years ago

It will depend on your effort, your age, experience, where you live, and the field you are looking in. If you are looking for "any" job it could come quickly. If you are a looking for a specific job   you may have a longer search in today's job market. I have read statistics that say the average job search is 6 months.

4. ComfortB profile image87
    ComfortBposted 6 years ago

In my neck of the wood, the average job search takes about 7 months plus. It'll be a year this month since I've been unemployed, and I've been looking. In the interim, I'm working as a substitute teacher until I can find something in my IT field that fits into my family life.

It is especially difficult for women with younger children as most of the jobs out there requires more travel time, odd schedules, sometimes a move away from the familiar. When you have little ones in pre-K or Kindergarten, it makes choosing that much difficult.

5. LuisEGonzalez profile image86
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

Based on my experience as a placement director for a technical school it takes about 3 to 6 months. The employment rate in South Florida has been growing for the last three quarters but the number of new people moving into the area has more than doubled in the same time frame.