jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Were the workers stupid for choosing to force Hostess to close instead of accept

1. Cassie Smith profile image67
    Cassie Smithposted 5 years ago

Were the workers stupid for choosing to force Hostess to close instead of accepting concessions?

Now they have no job and it's a tough market.  More people on welfare.

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

They may have had legitimate demands but in this economy, I think they underestimated management and made a huge mistake.

Not to mention I am now in a heavy mourning period due to the loss of Hostess cupcakes.  Sigh......

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

it's really hard to say. though the economy is rough in the U.S. right now, it still should cause employees to bow down to keep their jobs. i don't know the whole story but in a way i'm proud of them for standing up for themselves.

1. Cassie Smith profile image67
      Cassie Smithposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, pride should be able to put food on the table and pay the mortgage.

2. nightwork4 profile image60
      nightwork4posted 5 years agoin reply to this

yes it should if you have enough pride to do what ever it takes to feed them. i guess we should just bow down to corporations and say" i have to feed my family so you can do whatever you want to me" brilliant and you wonder why your economy is shot.

3. Cassie Smith profile image67
      Cassie Smithposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's right, bowing down to corporations who are trying to keep the company alive and keep the jobs intact is a bad thing.

4. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Yes, they are stupid. They caused their own doom. The company told them what would happen, and they ruined their chance.

working