jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Can you Buy traffic to a single ebay listing?

1. Dannytaylor02 profile image79
    Dannytaylor02posted 5 years ago

Can you Buy traffic to a single ebay listing?

i think im right in saying you can buy traffic to your ebay shop but I want to know if you can for a single listing on ebay.

2. RichFatCat profile image86
    RichFatCatposted 5 years ago

You can buy an ad in Google Adwords that might drive traffic to your link. 

I still don't understand the concept of buying traffic...is it possible?  Are there millions of people standing around someplace that we can command to go to a particular website and they will do it? 

I don't know if traffic is to be lured or can it really be bought...

Dannytaylor02posted 5 years agoin reply to this

cheers for replying richfatcat, if you target your keywords properly when buying traffic then it can be very useful.

say you are selling a shed and you only want people who type into google 'sheds for sale' and you get 10k traffic you will prob sell

3. Brett.Tesol profile image60
    Brett.Tesolposted 5 years ago

You can buy traffic, but often it is not worth it. This traffic may come from traffic exchange programs, or from URL's which are redirected to your site/advert. If the traffic is actually interested in what you sell (such as an IT URL diverting to your technology blog), then the sales and clicks can be good. However, often it is just numbers and they do not buy or click, as they weren't interested in your site ... they just got sent there.

Hope that helps, you could try the numbers game ... sometimes you get lucky ;-)

cheers mate, the way i see it if i target my keywords correctly then it should be worth it especially since when people see ebay they feel safer.
      if i can send 10k of good targeted traffic and get 3 sales then im in profit smile

4. JP993 profile image89
    JP993posted 5 years ago

Check out my hubs if you want to get traffic to your ebay listings. If you're a business seller and ebaying seriously you can open a shop ( you may have already done this ) and also sign up to Omniture ( Which is a traffic tracking service along with many other features ) Sign up to both ( There are fees involved ) if you want to really get traffic to your listings. Sign up to the eBay RSS feed too. In my eBay days I had listings on the front page of google for the product keywords, not for the ebay search. This as you can imagine gave me massive traffic. Check out all of my eBay hubs if you want more traffic.

cheers, useful info actually and when i get a higher seller rating then it would be definitely worth investing in those things smile

2. JP993 profile image89
      JP993posted 5 years agoin reply to this

They're great tools. Theres a trick to all business and that is bringing your  "paying customers" back. You can buy traffic but it has to be very targetted to get results. An easier way is to market your already paying customers. That one's free smile

working