How do you cope with particular, demanding customers purchasing last minute, cus

1. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

How do you cope with particular, demanding customers purchasing last minute, custom gifts?

I create custom gifts and many have ordered last minute gifts and have been perfectly kind, but others want you to redo their projects multiple times, you can't do it fast enough, right enough, and when ARE you going to ship those - can you send them any faster? As if I control the post office.  How do you deal politely but firmly with obnoxious, overbearing customers who can't be pleased?  99% are fantastic but those choice few bring on so much stress it just makes you want to throw your hands up.

2. LisaKoski profile image95
    LisaKoskiposted 5 years ago

I've worked as a cashier for years now and had to deal with situations that sound a little similar, especially this time of year. There are always going to be customers who are unhappy about something. I swear that some actually look for things to complain about. Those are always the types I try to get out of the door as fast as I can, although your situation doesn't really sound like you would be able to do anything like that.

As long as you are doing the best you can, you shouldn't let it get to you too much. There's only so much control you can have over how your business is run and there's only so much you can do before things get out of hand. My recommendation is that you don't let anyone make you go over your limitations and overwork or over-stress yourself. Appreciate the good customers and just smile and nod through the bad ones. Good luck!

3. lburmaster profile image81
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Redo their projects? That sounds sketchy. I have the same little business at my home by doing calligraphy projects for clients. I constantly take pictures of the projects to see if they want to change something before I even consider shipping the project. To be honest, I had the same problem. So I required my clients to sign a contract to make the customer relationship really close. Each project takes plenty of time but everyone is happy.

working