jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Healthy competition is good for career growth. Do you agree?

1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image54
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 5 years ago

Healthy competition is good for career growth. Do you agree?

2. Souther29 profile image81
    Souther29posted 5 years ago

You can only grow in your career when you are challenged by something I believe so having some healthy competition is definitely a good thing as can make you raise your game and really pull out the stops to better yourself.

Just as long as the competition isn't mean spirited or based on office politics which I have never liked. You'll be recognised on your own merits.

Without any competition you sometimes can get into a rut or get complacent and even bored. A little pressure and a little competition is always good.

ChitrangadaSharanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You make some valuable points here. Thanks so much for answering.

3. Rachna Rai profile image60
    Rachna Raiposted 5 years ago

I think that competition among team members is very necessary to make a company work efficiently and effectively. As long as the competition is healthy, it is good for both the company and employees; however, nowadays in many companies office politics is making things go in a wrong direction. It not only spoils the atmosphere of the company but many honest and hard working employees have to suffer because of office politics. The management should not tolerate any kind of politics in the office. A healthy competition also promotes a sense of care, respect and consideration among all the team members.

ChitrangadaSharanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Completely agree with your views. Thanks for your valuable opinion and taking interest in the question.

2. WalterPoon profile image78
      WalterPoonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I agree, but only if I win, LOL.

working