jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you agree that when bad things happen to good people that produces real grow

1. Tamarii2 profile image61
    Tamarii2posted 8 years ago

Do you  agree that when bad things happen to good people that produces real growth?Explain position

2. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

How about when good things happen to bad people?

3. stricktlydating profile image84
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

Not always, no, but hopefully it's a time when friends and family gather around to offer love and support in such times

4. Arthur Windermere profile image82
    Arthur Windermereposted 8 years ago

No, one couldn't possibly generalize in that way. Sometimes people, even good people, become despondent after tragedy and never recover. Human beings are very complex; far too complex for trite sayings about pain and growth. Even the term 'good' is a little too simplifying. Everyone has faults of some sort.

To that end, here's a little joke from Jack Handey, "Whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger. Not lifting weights doesn't kill me. Therefore not lifting weights makes me stronger."
    One never knows what will or will not produce growth.

5. Tamarii2 profile image61
    Tamarii2posted 8 years ago

Thank You
    stricktlydating,
    dabeaner,
    Arthur Windermere;

for your comment!
    Something to think about!Reading your writing.Peace.

6. Bub Dudley profile image54
    Bub Dudleyposted 8 years ago

Some people think that sun and water produce growth in trees. However the bending and stretching from storms and high wind contributes a great deal more. "Good" people should be strong enough to bend, and not break in there self righteousness.

7. aoiffe379 profile image56
    aoiffe379posted 8 years ago

Not always. Sometimes people do not think they deserve the 'bad thing' which can bring pain, sleepless nights, heartache etc. An example is someone who loses a wife and child to HIV-Aids because a blood transfusion was tainted with the disease. Consider what happens when character is maligned or one is wrongly identified for a crime .Someone was kind enough to lend his truck to a friend; and the friend used it in the commission of a crime. He spent one year in jail awaiting trial and was acquitted. Those who seek revenge and are bitter will have a long time to grieve. Forgiveness is harder but through it one receives true.real growth.

8. Hammers13 profile image53
    Hammers13posted 8 years ago

What is a bad thing, what is a good thing? If we can apparently extract a lesson out of every situation we are confronted by in our lives, as stated by many of the great past & present leaders of humanity, then are there any bad things that can happen to anybody?

working