How do you get a family to become a dynamic family business network?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Billie Kelpin profile image86
    Billie Kelpinposted 5 years ago

How do you get a family to become a dynamic family business network?

Would someone please write a hub about how to convince family members that if they each started to promote the other, buy or help sell each other's products, "advertise" their endeavors, tell friends on facebook... (you get the idea).  My husband's brothers and sisters have multiple talents, but each of us is struggling financially.  I really can't seem to get the concept across that if we each promoted the heck out of each others' work, we'd all get somewhere.  I notice other cultures have this practice "down"!  If you have a family that networks like this, how is that accomplished?

2. stefanz99 profile image60
    stefanz99posted 5 years ago

Well family members or friends they can join together as a team and start marketing as a team. You can create a info product together and sell it on a website.
    Each member has a role to fit in your business.Before you start you need a plan and system in place.
    Each member do his part of the puzzle and this will give you a leverage for your efforts.

1. skgrao profile image70
      skgraoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What plan you got to tell this family.

2. Billie Kelpin profile image86
      Billie Kelpinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Stefanz99, as I mentioned above, I didn't ask this ques. well.  I meant promote each other's individual businesses. BUT you gave me a great idea. Giving people a title in MY company, like Marketing something or other might be a way to motivate them.

3. LongTimeMother profile image95
    LongTimeMotherposted 5 years ago

Sounds like a great idea Billie. I don't have the answer, but I hope someone has it for you. smile

LongTimeMother,  Thanks so much for your support.  I posed the ques. incorrectly.  But as I'm reading responses, I'm getting a scathingly brilliant idea. What I'd like to see each member of our family supporting each other's businesses.

4. skgrao profile image70
    skgraoposted 5 years ago

The days of Family Management is over.You have to employ the best talent in the field you are doing business who has the qualification and good experience pay him the best salary.he wants give him the power he wants ask him to hire a best Chartered Account monitor his progress daily on sales and purchase and daily to be submitted by the Chartered Account directly to all of the family members and if you find your net profit after paying every expense increasing daily all family members can sit and enjoy the benefits provided you people do not keep your budgeted expense things will improve.A daily profit statement must be made by the Chartered Account with out fail.Lastly all of you must explore possibility of increasing the profit by diversification of your product by getting in to other areas in a small way and keep it expanding and get in to other products who will supply ready to sell products on credit and you pay as per your plan.So much free rest advise by me on cash.
    I give you an example of how TATA STEEL is now a biggest enterprise in India.

Thank you so much.  This is VERY informative for the family who is part of one company as I understand it.  I think I'm going to post another ques. in a different way.  I'm referring to promoting each other's individual businesses. Thanks and Cheers!

2. skgrao profile image70

In India giving designation is very important motivation.Our Nationalized Banks calls even a sweeper as Assistant Manager ( House Keeping )

5. Maricarmjolo profile image72
    Maricarmjoloposted 5 years ago

Family business are normally what Chinese do. It start with the parents and the parents train their children. In the future, their children will inherit this business and they have to prolong the life span of their business.They need someone whom they can trust and nothing is thicker than blood isn't it?
    Children can be train and be expert in what they do because they see their parents how business is being done. From letting their daughters and sons do the cashiering and sales to becoming the manager of the family business. Also, if their children is not into management, they can study other areas of education related to their family business. For example, if the business is an adhesive glue manufacturing, the son can be a chemist for him to lead the operational side of the business.
    I hope this help big_smile

1. skgrao profile image70

China is not a free country and what they do you got to go there and see.for yourself.If you have seen you would not have advised.The days of family business is over.Look at Bill Gates and Ratan Tata

2. Billie Kelpin profile image86

Thank you Maricamjolo.  My closest childhood friend was Mary Lee, whose parents ran the Chinese Laundry across the street from us Milw. WI. I saw how that family helped each other. I've seen that in my Vietnamese students and in my Persia neighbors

3. Billie Kelpin profile image86

Marcia, by the way, how did you get that beautiful background to your hubs? Is that in the template or your own picture?  Mine is just the template and it's boring smile

4. Maricarmjolo profile image72
      Maricarmjoloposted 5 years agoin reply to this

To skgrao, thanks for your comment. I would like to inform you that I do not need to go to China to observe them. If you do not know, a lot of Chinese live in Philippines big_smile and if it's your opinion that family business are over then be it.. big_smile

5. Billie Kelpin profile image86

Marica,  I just noticed that my answer to your comment a few days ago,never appeared.  I lived across the street from a Chinese laundry when I was young and Mary Lee was my best friend.  I admired how close that family was and how they all helped.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)