What are the top five thankless professions?
What jobs/professions in your opinion are essential but don't receive the respect, appreciation, nor the compensation they deserve?
Janitors! Especially in office buildings, etc. Sometimes people don't even acknowledge or talk to them, which I don't like. They work very hard doing the job that nobody else wants to do.
Barbers, Hair dressers, Security Officers, Paralegals.
1. Homemakers - because no one gives them the appreciation they deserve (even though life frankly couldn't go on without them). Speaking from experience, being a homemaker sometimes makes me feel like Cinderella.
2. Janitors, garbage men, and maintenance workers - not only are these people often ignored, despite all the hard work they do, their jobs are usually looked down upon.
3. Burger-flippers - how many times have we all been "starving", get some fast-food, and then never give a thought to the employees who prepare the food for us? And if we do, it's probably because we've made some snide remark about I.Q. levels or something equally rude and unnecessary.
4. Farmers - corn, grain, and other produce still have to be grown on a farm. But how often do you hear ANYTHING about the farmer?
5. Freelance writers - more specifically, all those who spend hours writing the content that is placed everywhere on the web, but rarely receive any recognition or compensation for it!
I say all are great ones as to this conversation. Freelance writers for sure. I do book reviews, only if its free.
Great list and justifications, LastRoseofSummer2. Thanks for your answer.
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|