jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

What are the top five thankless professions?

1. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

What are the top five thankless professions?

What jobs/professions in your opinion are essential but don't receive the respect, appreciation, nor the compensation they deserve?

2. SoundNFury profile image80
    SoundNFuryposted 4 years ago

Janitors!  Especially in office buildings, etc.  Sometimes people don't even acknowledge or talk to them, which I don't like.  They work very hard doing the job that nobody else wants to do.

jansharesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You're right, SoundNFury. They go virtually unnoticed. Thanks for answering.

3. onceuponatime66 profile image60
    onceuponatime66posted 4 years ago

Barbers, Hair dressers, Security Officers, Paralegals.

Good choices, onceuponatime66. Thanks for your answer.

4. Heather Says profile image97
    Heather Saysposted 4 years ago

I'd say wives and mothers tie for first!

1. onceuponatime66 profile image60
      onceuponatime66posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Heather, that is a given.  Then when we go to work or try to find a job, they say we have no experience, BULL CRAP!

2. janshares profile image97

Good answer, Heather. Thanks for answering.

5. LastRoseofSummer2 profile image85
    LastRoseofSummer2posted 4 years ago

1. Homemakers - because no one gives them the appreciation they deserve (even though life frankly couldn't go on without them). Speaking from experience, being a homemaker sometimes makes me feel like Cinderella.

2. Janitors, garbage men, and maintenance workers - not only are these people often ignored, despite all the hard work they do, their jobs are usually looked down upon.

3. Burger-flippers - how many times have we all been "starving", get some fast-food, and then never give a thought to the employees who prepare the food for us? And if we do, it's probably because we've made some snide remark about I.Q. levels or something equally rude and unnecessary.

4. Farmers - corn, grain, and other produce still have to be grown on a farm. But how often do you hear ANYTHING about the farmer?

5. Freelance writers - more specifically, all those who spend hours writing the content that is placed everywhere on the web, but rarely receive any recognition or compensation for it!

1. onceuponatime66 profile image60
      onceuponatime66posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I say all are great ones as to this conversation.  Freelance writers for sure.  I do book reviews, only if its free.

2. janshares profile image97

Great list and justifications, LastRoseofSummer2. Thanks for your answer.

working