Is there a good way to approach industry about an invention idea without 100% of

1. Ben Zoltak profile image84
    Ben Zoltakposted 4 years ago

Is there a good way to approach industry about an invention idea without 100% of the science detail?

I've had invention ideas over the years, as an artist they seem to come naturally. I have this one now though, that I think could really do humanity some good and help me support my family. It involves recycling. I think I might be able to even fabricate some type of prototype but I don't know if it would be good enough to resemble the final product? I also don't know if it would be nessecary to patent the idea first? And how cost prohibitive that would be? Help!

2. hrymel profile image86
    hrymelposted 4 years ago

You would need to make a prototype, or partner with some one who can make a prototype. Then work through all of the kinks and problems, until you have a working product. I do not believe that you can patent an "idea". To patent something you need to have detailed blueprints, specifications, etc.

There is also a possibility that you could sell your idea to a company who deals in bringing ideas to life, but you would most likely not receive royalties.

The main part in inventing and patents isn't the initial idea, but the years that it takes in bringing the idea to life. The years of debugging, and rebuilding until the product works.

Best of luck!

3. Ben Zoltak profile image84
    Ben Zoltakposted 4 years ago

Great answer hrymel! You've obviously been on this path longer than I!!!

Ben

working