jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

I went to work today and had a blast.

1. Ericdierker profile image55
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

I went to work today and had a blast.

I tried to get work done. Nobody was in. People were taking "vacation". Idiots.
    So we had a blast just yakking about stuff.
    Yes we got work done.
    We needed the chit chat time. I guess things work out if you let them.
    Did you take some fun time today?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8375187_f260.jpg

2. lambservant profile image94
    lambservantposted 4 years ago

Eric, you sound like a fun guy. My day was not fun, but productive. A sick friend called early. She has a very serious physical condition that keeps from moving around. Barely walk. She has been having trouble coping and came kind of unraveled. I made a game plan to get her help and prayed for her and made her lunch. Then I went to physical therapy where the PT therapist proceeded to tell me, when I asked how her Christmas went, how sick she was, what she was coughing up - color, consistency - and about her coughing, fever, aches etc. I got an hour by hour rundown of her medication and sleep and food schedule. Then she says," but I feel better today", then proceeded to blow her nose and cough the rest of the session. I should have just gone home but I needed the session very badly. May not be worth it if I get sick. I understand the need to work but it just is not okay.

The good news is, I got paid early and bought some neccesities and made myself a delicious dinner. I've got to get up early and do it all over again. But you brightened my day.

Ericdierkerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

We get to do this. That is a blessing. A little secret here: I do not need to go into work ever. But it is good for me. It does not make me more money or give me honey. I do it so I am more normal. hihihijhi

3. jaydawg808 profile image90
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

I didn't work at all today.....and I also had a blast.  Sure, I'd have gone in to "work" today, but because we have to use our "vacation" or we'll lose it, I figure I'll use it. Why work for the love if I'm entitled to take vacation.

Funny that word "work". What you just said worked for me!!

4. definitions profile image60
    definitionsposted 4 years ago

I had a blast of Veuve Cliquot which was equally stimulating!

Big smiles from me to you.

5. profile image59
    retief2000posted 4 years ago

I love days like that.  No pressure.  Not so much to do that you feel pressured and just enough to keep from feeling lazy or bored.  I like my work mates.  Under the right circumstances with the correct attitude work can be fun. Luckily, I tend to have a little fun everyday and it actually boosts my productivity.  But my job is simple, perfect for a simple guy like me.

What a great comment friend. You really covered for me.

6. lupine profile image71
    lupineposted 4 years ago

Eric, glad you had such a blast at work. I took a couple days off too, for the holidays. I have a job that allows me to have fun while I work too. It is great when you can do both...Happy New Year!

Life is so good around this old world.

2. lupine profile image71
      lupineposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, and even when not so good, at times, we make the best of it.

working