jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What do you do to prepare before a big challenge?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 3 years ago

What do you do to prepare before a big challenge?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/11831950_f260.jpg

2. DealForALiving profile image96
    DealForALivingposted 3 years ago

I start by making a goal - might as well decide beforehand what I'd like to achieve in the face of the challenge. Then I chant for courage and wisdom and then I jump right in to the situation.

lisasuniquevoiceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

DealForALiving,
      You chant? That's great. It must be like doing affirmations in a creative way.
      Thank you,
      Lisa

3. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 3 years ago

Make sure I'm as prepared as I can be!
    As a drama teacher I have to be on the ball when it comes to directing and organising shows and plays and what have you. So I go through a sequence of rehearsals and warm up sessions to make sure the cast is fit and ready for performance day! Warm ups include physical and mental exercises, rehearsals are all about reinforcement and creativity.
    The biggest barrier to overcome for many is nerves, pure and simple. Hard work and practice help with confidence, which is key, but it's also important to get players used to the space they'll be performing in.
    Warm ups, stretches, repeat rehearsals, dress rehearsals...all vital...some individuals want special treatment... a mantra, a herb tea, a kick up the backside, a promise.....but most are just in it for the buzz and the delight!! There's nothing quite like performing well, nailing a part, in front of an audience.

lisasuniquevoiceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

chef-dejour,
      It sounds like you're all about what comes before the challenge. If you can do the preparation part you get a chance for that "buzz and delight."
      Thank you so much for your interesting perspective,
      Lisa

working