jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Can you tell with high degree of accuracy the gender/ age of a writer by his/her

1. chateaudumer profile image81
    chateaudumerposted 3 years ago

Can you tell with high degree of accuracy the gender/ age of a writer by his/her writings

Can you tell with high degree of accuracy the gender and approximate age of a  writer by his or her writings/hubs? I was told by my readers of my blogs, that based on my blog articles I appeared to be in my early forties. They were surprise when I told them I will be 80 years old next month.

2. C.V.Rajan profile image79
    C.V.Rajanposted 3 years ago

Yes. If what I read is their profile page!

chateaudumerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi CV Rajan, thank you for your reply. My question assumed you are not reading the profile page, but just reading between the lines of the author's  articles/hubs.. Cheers!

3. Kylyssa profile image97
    Kylyssaposted 3 years ago

No. I'm middle-aged and female.

Some people think I'm a young man even though I have female avatars, a female name, and sometimes say things like "twenty-five years ago." Some people think I'm a middle-aged or old man. Others think I'm just over eighteen, female, and currently homeless based on my pieces on homelessness that make it pretty clear it's all very much in the past tense for me.

People think I'm a different person based on my article topics. I have a gender-neutral username elsewhere and its readers seem certain I'm a young man because I use it to write about topics that are generally male-dominated.

I know my language use dates me as older but otherwise, I think age and gender do not necessarily come through in writing.

chateaudumerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

After reading some of your hubs, it appeared you are a young person, either male or female. Thank you for your answer to my question. Cheers!

working