jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

HOT or NOT: What if currently only 50% of your population is employed and in the

1. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 18 months ago

HOT or NOT: What if currently only 50% of your population is employed and in the next 4 years

50% of that working population is going to be nullified due to the take over of robotics. Therefore approximately 3/4 's of the population will be idle anxious and most probably angry at one's fate. What can we do  now to get prepared? Become solo niche entreprenurs? Start up a bartering system? Stop having children? How can we make lemonade with lemons?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13098825_f260.jpg

2. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 18 months ago

I don't think the robot takeover is going to be that extreme. The automation will continue as technology improve. The shift in jobs and skills will be from repetitive manual labor to programming and manufacturing and service of these machines.

1. threekeys profile image80
      threekeysposted 18 months agoin reply to this

This was stated by both one of our Politicians and one of our investigative journalists just within this last week as well as from a spokesman from the Australian Institute of Work. I guess there information/reporting could be incorrect....

2. jackclee lm profile image81
      jackclee lmposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Sensations are what drives news articles. Reality is another story. People have been talking about AI and the singularity for 40 years. It is not going to happen.

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 18 months ago

I answer that in my Hub The Great Shift Toward Automation and the Future of Employment

working