How many ways do you earn money online?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (31 posts)
  1. blessed365 profile image63
    blessed365posted 11 years ago

Just curious to see if people who work from home do multiple work at home jobs. I have signed up with so many sites and have made money with some of them, like doing surveys, paid to click, Amazon Mturk. Do you just focus on one way to make money online from home or try many things.

1. profile image55
      gamingposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

2. plussizepixie profile image59
      plussizepixieposted 11 years ago

I try to have a number of income streams so that if one starts to dwindle I can put my efforts in one that is doing well at that time. I have invested my online income in to businesses offline so that I know all my eggs are not in one basket:)

3. Lovelovemeloveme profile image59
      Lovelovemelovemeposted 11 years ago

Pls do elaborate if you guy don't mind. I'm starting out now and would love some tips and pointers. It seems hub and blogging requires quite a bit of time and work for traffic. sad time.... sad I want to speed up this process

1. Alaxia profile image60
        Alaxiaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I too am trying to speed up the process. I have written the attached hub about doing it. <link snipped - no promotional links> - please let me know what you think and whether you are able to help me in my quest e.g. follow me?

4. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

Beware of online money making offers that sound too good to be true and do not pay any money to anyone...

5. WriteAngled profile image74
      WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

Funny, someone was touting the same business on this thread earlier today! Presumably she got banned!

Edit: this alias got deleted/banned too.

Wonder when she will reappear in a new incarnation? lol

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

She's back already...

6. Miranda A Glaspie profile image60
      Miranda A Glaspieposted 11 years ago

Im a stay at home mom so I recently started working with two sources of income online because I needed it. One is not doing so well but I think  that one I do have the potential to really earn a lot of income from. I think maybe sometimes multiple is better but I learned to be careful because a lot of them are scams. Right now I am just focused on one which I know is legit. You just have to be careful.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

And don't rely on making money with systems that depend on you signing up other people to that same system so you can make money...

1. WriteAngled profile image74
        WriteAngledposted 11 years agoin reply to this

She's hoping people will email her like crazy asking about her "legit" sca...  oops, "system"

8. Miranda A Glaspie profile image60

excuse me...Im not on here to entertain foolishness, if you are talking about me, I am not on here to try to make anyone sign up for anything, I am just offering my advice, I am new to hubpages

blessed365posted 11 years agoin reply to this

No, I don't think anyone is talking about you Miranda. I believe there was someone else on here who posted information but their info has since been removed. Thanks for contributing everyone.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, someone with the same name as you posted last night about MCA on this thread and she was banned or the posts were removed. It's so rare I guess we made a mistake.

9. Miranda A Glaspie profile image60

well if they are not I apologize,  I just see that i was the latest  one to post

10. aw1219 profile image61
      aw1219posted 11 years ago

I earn money from keyforcash, my blog, wrtiing books, from Hubpages, from posting on forums, youtube, etc.  Out of all the endeavors I pursue, I enjoy making videos and writing the most.  I plan to write more books very soon.

11. RichFatCat profile image84
      RichFatCatposted 11 years ago

I have one YouTube video and one Hub that make good $$$ in my opinion.  Both pay thru AdSense.  My blogs not so much.

I just wish my ads were more appealing than my content....ha-ha..

12. Lovelovemeloveme profile image59
      Lovelovemelovemeposted 11 years ago

I just want to use this for entertainment purposes and to help side income. How much does one make from variety of blogs, free lance work, or youtube anyhow?

13. LindaSmith1 profile image61
      LindaSmith1posted 11 years ago

How to make money online is the "Million Dollar Question." I was making my money simply writing as a ghost writer for a legit company.  Like others, I am not earning near what I was. All of these how to make money schemes from supposedly gurus, are usually people that are those doing affiliate marketing and have learned how to create their own supposed money making program to sell online, and then they get others to promote it as well. I don't rely on Google Adsense and only use it on Hub Pages because I have to in order to earn from Hub programs. I stopped wasting my time on other well known article submission sites because they have found ways to decrease earnings of writers, and then add the supposed more great ways to earn more schemes by writing different types of articles on their site.  How to make money is a toss up from writing, affiliate marketing to having your own site and selling crafts that you make yourself or you have others make them, and you do the Internet work and maybe split the profits with them. Some do well with drop shipping but you better know what you are getting into there.  Remember, Uncle Sam does  not like for us to even earn an extra penny unless he gets his share.

14. Miranda A Glaspie profile image60

thanks, UNINVITED WRITER, I'm not on here to get anyone to sign up for anything that I know is not legit, I just wanted to offer my advice that is all, I just started with this and I fully read not to post any links or anything of that sort.

15. blessed365 profile image63
      blessed365posted 11 years ago

I am thinking seriously about doing a customer service job at home. I made it past the interview when VIP Desk was hiring, but because of my living situation, I knew it was a bad idea. I think I will try again with the customer service companies. The most money I made was working with ChaCha and then eHow was good also. I do a variety of things online, but I really want something that will bring me at least $50 per day.

1. aw1219 profile image61
        aw1219posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Blessed365.  I have a friend that just got hired on to do customer service for Amazon.com.  I just thought I would let you know.

blessed365posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the info. Will check it out.

16. Crewman6 profile image83
      Crewman6posted 11 years ago

I'm certainly not making a living online, but since I got serious earlier this year, it's been growing.  My most successful efforts have been with Adsense, affiliates with Amazon, and Hubpages.  None of the three are consistently better than the others, but I have days where one does better, and days where another does better.  My youtube videos are extremely hit or miss, but when they hit, it's usually a good day :^)
      I'm pretty patient.  As long as I see consistent growth, I'm happy.

17. Samith Jhon profile image59
      Samith Jhonposted 11 years ago

Starting a blog with the sole intention of making money is a recipe for failure. Do what you love and not only will the traffic follow, the money will too.

1. Greekgeek profile image79
        Greekgeekposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's kinda like saying "starting a business with the sole intention of making money is a recipe for failure." The key is that you have to offer something that many people find valuable. It doesn't matter whether you love it; the question is whether they love it. Loving your work just makes it easier to self-motivate.

I've been working on diversifying income streams for the past two years, and my breakdown is currently:

-- Hubpages
        -- Squidoo
        -- A few pages on Wizzley and Zujava, testing the waters
        -- three blogs in different niches
        -- several old web 1.0 websites on various hobbies; they still gets traffic
        -- Amazon Associates links on all the above sites
        -- Allposters links on Squidoo pages and some of my old webpages
        -- Products for sale on Cafepress and Zazzle
        -- Zazzle and Cafepress affiliate links on some Squidoo pages and old webpages
        -- Adsense on my blogs, old websites (just a bit)
        -- Project Wonderful ads on one blog for which Google adsense served up useless ads that don't fit the blog's target audience
        -- a few monetized YouTube videos

Wow. I hadn't sat down and looked at the whole snowflake in a while. It is a snowflake: finding new places and ways to publish content, and then finding ways to monetize it, bit by bit. (Yes, I intend to go the Amazon Kindle route sooner or later.)

18. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 11 years ago

I earn from my blogs and websites, from Helium, from Amazon, from Constant Content, and from writing assignments. Of course, I earn here, too.

19. AbFreak101 profile image59
      AbFreak101posted 11 years ago

I have tried a lot of ways online but the only one that i have made any real money on is EBAY.Everything else was pindle twigs like $2 I have pulled in $1000  in 1 week on EBAY befor and you can go to thrift shops if you run out of stuff to sell

20. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 11 years ago

I write on many sites on the web but so far only earn in the following ways (highest earners first):
      -Hubpages
      -Webanswers
      -Mturk (Surveys only)
      -Squidoo
      -Wizzley
      -My Blog
      -eBooks

All other sources of online income have mostly dried up - only the top three give me any decent income - I occasionally get income from the other four...

21. Zelkiiro profile image86
      Zelkiiroposted 11 years ago

Don't be silly. I'm not good enough at anything to make any money online.

22. Dame Scribe profile image57
      Dame Scribeposted 11 years ago

I would recommend going over the wahm forums and see what is posted there smile awesome site! VA, tutoring, party sales, just a few ideas I can think off top of my head tongue lolol

23. herbacoachtommy profile image39
      herbacoachtommyposted 11 years ago

I am  involved with a few businesses but Im mostly focusing the most on one of them.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)