- Business and Employment»
- Small Businesses & Entrepreneurs»
- Home-Based Businesses
Sources of Money Online for Stay at Home Moms and Dads
Find Opportunities Online
(This hub is requested by a mom with a small baby who wants to learn how to make money online while without leaving home - but the content created is intended for all eyeballs. Also the options for opportunities are a bit narrowed to make things simpler and more specific.)
There are more than a thousand sources of money online for moms at home; but there are also many scams lurking in all corners of the Internet so beware. Just keep in mind that you're browsing these websites to find ways to earn money - not spend it. However, not all sites charging some fees are scammers. You just have to try the free sites first.
Obviously, you have to have a working knowledge of computers and the Internet. (This is assuming you have a computer with Internet connection at home, of course.) Don't worry if you're a bit ignorant because it is very easy to learn. In fact, the Internet is quite educating. You will find more information by browsing different websites and visiting forums.
It is also addictive so you must learn how to manage your time, especially when projects start pouring in. Believe it or not, online jobs can be the worst slave drivers on earth.
The Many Ways to Make Money Online
Here are some of the few ways to earn money thru Internet:
- Direct selling
- Affiliate marketing
- Multi-level marketing
- Mystery shopping
- Auction selling
- Paid surveys
- GPT programs (get-paid-to)
- Virtual office workers
- Freelance jobs (data entry/web design/programming)
Freelancing jobs Review. Making money from home as freelancer, Elance & Odesk Review
How to Make Money With Google AdSense
Habit #1 to acquire: check your emails regularly. Do not neglect your inbox for more than 24 hours. And always reply to important messages as soon as you can, especially those related to your projects.
Be Honest with Yourself When You Assess Your Skills
Do not attempt to know everything or even pretend to be anything that you're not. If you planned to build an online career, you must find the right job or business that you will enjoy doing for long. Examine each of the options listed. Keep in mind that not all opportunities are for you. You cannot serve two masters so choose one or, at least two ways to earn that will perfectly go hand in hand - without cramping your style.
It doesn't matter if you're not a techie or geeky type of person. So what if last week was your first time to surf the Internet? You just have to be enthusiastic and optimistic.
Can you type? Can you write? Do you like writing? Do you enjoy sharing and discussing hot topics and favorite issues? Then, blogging is obviously one for you. This may also be the easiest and the most enjoyable way of making money. However, you have to invest some time for your blogs to start seeing some earnings. Read the Google Adsense to understand how you will earn money from blogging. Important: Make sure you have created an adsense account and that you have linked your blogs to it.
- Elance and oDesk have merged to offer better services for freelancers.
- Guru has new awesome features for online workers.
- Freelancer is getting better and better.
Places to Look for Freelance Jobs
There are many websites where you can get hired for online jobs that will fit your field of expertise. Some charge minimal fee and some are absolutely free.
Here are some examples of websites that you can join without shedding a few dollars (in alphabetical order):
Note: Actually, the list offer paid membership upgrades.
Wondering how you'd get paid for jobs done? Look for payment methods that the website offers. Here are common methods available: bank transfer, wire transfer, cheque, atm/debit card, and Paypal/Skril.
How to Bulk Schedule in Hootsuite
How to Bulk Schedule Tweets in Hootsuite on a Mac
Helpful Articles about Bulk Scheduling on Hootsuite and Sendible
Habit #2: Switch on your computer every afternoon even if your official ‘working' schedule started at 9 pm in the evening. This way, you'll hear whenever a message comes in. Browse around money-making websites while the kids are taking a nap or playing.
Tips on How to Get Online Jobs
- Treat your online career seriously. Of course, the family remains first priority but you must set aside constant amount of time for your work. With or without projects, sit in front of the computer during this time: 7 to 11 pm or 9 to 12 pm every night.
- Create a nice profile by taking online skill tests, which are typically offered within the job market websites. Your passing grades will serve as proof that you have working knowledge of particular skills. Read the job description for each project posted.
- You must understand what the job entails before sending in your application letter. Always check your grammar and spelling to impress future employers.
- Do not apply to more than 3 job offers a day. When you're hired on a project, minimize your job application to only 1 per day. If the project you have requires full-time, stop applying until the current work is through. Otherwise, your reputation will suffer because the unsatisfied client can leave negative feedback against you.
- Always try to finish projects before the deadline. Your client will be happy and most probably leave a glowing praise for you. You will be building a nice and reliable reputation as a virtual worker - and you will be able to get more projects within short periods of time.
HubPages is now focused to help all writers from all corners of the web.
Write Quality Content to Make Money Online
There are lots of people writing these days. You will have an edge when you make sure that your blogs have no grammatical and typographical errors. Readers like a good read every time they visit a blog page. Make them remember you as a writer worthy of their browsing time.
Avoid copying other people's works. Don't ever think that cheating will not be discovered on the Internet. Once you're found out, your blogging career is kaput.
Learn the ropes of optimization. Use tags, keywords, and other tools available to optimize your page.
Here are some websites that you can join to publish your writings (this is a hub so HubPages is understandably first on the list):
Make Money - Google Adwords and Adsense with Keyword Elite 1
Habit #3: Visit the social websites that you joined for at least thrice a week. This way, you'll be able to develop warm and friendly relationship with people from different parts of the world.
First Step on How to Promote Your Blogs -- Promote Yourself
You have to spread the word so that other people will know about your blogs. Start with your family and friends. Send a link to them through email every time you publish latest work.
Widen your horizon bit by bit. Join social websites to meet a lot of people and make new friends. You will also learn a lot of things from them through sharing ideas and thoughts. Don't forget to put links of your works anywhere on these websites.
Read other people's blogs and go to forum sites. Create relevant comments to topics that you like. Avoid leaving more than 2 comments in a row or you'll look like spam. Create a web presence through constant communication with friends. Twit everyday. Post not just links. Engage in true and real-time conversations.
Here are some social websites that you can join:
- 4 Things a Stay-at-Home Mom Needs to Know - iVillage
Feel Proud of What You Do When someone asks me what I do, I tell them I stay home with my children and I'm not in the least ashamed or embarrassed. I have learned that most people who don't think much of stay-at-home moms (SAHM) don't know