10 Things Every New Person to HubPages Needs to Know
These are a few things I have learned from being here, as a fairly new hubber and some things I was confused about at first and did not quite understand. I have not mastered everything, but still learning as I go. As a fairly new hubber, here are ten things that can help you in your journey.
1. Understand it takes time, patience to build a steady income with this site.
You will not make a passive income if you write 1, 2 or 3 hubs. The more hubs you write will enable you to get more views and earn money. Set goals of how many hubs you will like to write in a week or a month, whether it is 5 hubs a week or one a day.
Your earnings will increase daily as you contribute more. Some hubs will get a massive amount of views and tons of comments while others, might receive just a few.
2. Write quality, informative hubs and create unique hub title.
Write unique, quality hubs on topics that interest you, things you are knowledgeable about and things that will greatly help others. Spell check and use proper grammar. Write a minimum of 1150 words per hub.
Also, create unique hubs titles cause people to want to read your hub and be curious about the subject you are writing on.
3. Spice up your hub and utilize the capsules (supplementary) to the right of the hub layout-
You can add videos (from Youtube), photos, links, amazon products, table, poll, callout, etc That will go along perfectly with your hub. Use pictures for recipes. You can also go back and update hubs with these capsules as well.
if you write a few hubs on the same subject, for example, 3 hubs on making money, or 3 recipe hubs, you can use the Link Capsule, to add the link of the other hubs to your present hub or link all hubs together. In this way, you drive traffic to your hubs.
4. HubScore and Hubber Score- For every you hub you write, it is given a hubscore that goes up and down overtime. HubScores will vary based on amount of traffic you receive and the number of comments and feedback you receive to your hubs. The Hubber Score is the score that is next to your profile picture. You can improve your score by writing quality, unique hubs.
5. Get involved in Hubpages Community-Don't be a loner, Comment on other hubs by going to Explore located on the top right and click on Feed.
Ask Questions, Answer Questions from other Hubbers by also going to Explore and click on Answers
Check out the forums by going to Explore and forums, Reply to questions on the forums, this will help others to know who you are your hubs.
6. Follow Hubbers that Stand Out to You- If you read any Hub and it seems useful and interesting, then look at the Hub author and their other hubs as well. If you like what you are see and reading, then you can follow the Hub author. You can follow the Hub author by going to the profile page and clicking on Follow. You can send fan mail if you like.
7. Ways to Make money on hubpages- Hubpages has many ways to earn. You can earn by being an Amazon affiliate, and Hub Ad Earnings Program. The Learning Center can give you more details about this.
8. Accolades- I did not know about accolades until I started seeing these badges on other hubbers profile page. I wondered how did they get these. Accolades are badges you receive that appear on your profile page.
You can get accolade, for the number of years you have been on hubpages, number of hubs (10,50,100, etc. )
Questions accolade- You first get this after getting 50 answer to your questions, then when you get 100, 300, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, and 10000. on the top right of your page, click explore and answers and you will see a list of questions. if you want to ask a question, go to your right and you will see the box that says, 'Ask a Question.'
Answers Accolade You first earn this badge by answering 10 questions. Your accolade will update at 50, 100, 300, 500, and 1000 answers.
Views accolade 1000, 10000, 100000, 1000000, 10000000, and 100000000.
Followers accolade 100 followers, 300, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000, and 10000
Other Accolades are Great commenter, Engaging hubs, Feedback Accolade- (useful,interesting, funny,awesome, or beautiful), Great Discussion Sarter, Great Hubpages citizen, Hub of the day Winner, Hubnugget Winner and Hub award winner.
9.Hubages FAQ- Hubpages has a frequently answered questions. Just go to the top right under your display name and click Help. Any confusion or things you do not understand and where you need clarity on, can be answered.
10. Need More Help and Information- Read the Learning Center- The Learning Center is a great place to answer most of your questions as a new hubber and it gives detailed information, keys, insights and tips to help you in your journey at hubpages. You can access the learning center, by going to your profile name on the top and then click on Help. You will also find Hubpages phone number and more help if needed.