1000 page views milestone: much or not?
Analysis of my experience here
Wow, I have reached 1000 page views milestone. It took 7 weeks by 6 hubs (Actually by 5 hubs, because I've posted 6th hub just few days ago).
First of all, I want to thank YOU - all my readers, especially my followers and commentators! Thanks you - for your time, for your interest to my writing, for you encouraging comments and all support you give me! I would never reach it without you! And I promise you I will work even harder to deliver the best hubs I can write.
But I still have to work hard to success. Very hard. So here I would like to discuss different views on that milestone. Is it success or fault-to-get-more? From one hand, it is nice result with so few hubs. But from the other hand, it is just 3-4 views per hub per day. It is nothing, I think.
Honestly speaking, when I joined hubpages, I set up a goal to get my first check by the end of second month. So, what do I have now? I have earned just few cents for all that time (while zero clicks!). And 'write more' is not the good advice. I can write much more hubs, but it is just waste of time to write hubs which few people read (and nobody clicks!). First I need to find an approach how to make my existing ones successful. And then I will write more.
And in the same time I have quite good metrics:
- I try to participate in community, ask and answer questions, I vote up and down and leave comments
- I have number of followers 4 times more than number of hubs
- I have made about 40 backlinks for each hub from sites with Page Rank 6, 7 or 8. I followed rules, and put maximum of 2 links per site per account per IP address.
- My hubs are on the first page of google for its keywords, usually holding position #2 - #6, which is not bad
- I always did my homework carefully choosing keywords. They are not really high-paid, but they are low-competitive and usually they get about 100 000 searches monthly (according to Google Keyword Tool).
- I have bookmarked my hubs in about 25 social bookmarking sites. I carefully put maximum of 2 hubs per site along with links to 3-5 other sites.
- 55% of my traffic is from search engines, 30% from referring sites, 15% direct, not bad proportion, but I still need to increase search engines share
What's wrong here?
What is reason of low traffic and zero clicks?
So what's wrong here??
According to these data I have just 2 explanations to low traffic and low earnings (and I don't like both):
- My content is poor, so people don't spend enough time to click on ads (oh no, please don't tell me this...)
- It just takes time to build traffic flow so there is nothing to worry about
What do you think? What am I missing? What other tool can I use?
I would appreciate any advice, any idea. Criticism is also welcome.
Thanks you again for reading it and my other hubs!