Are you neglecting this traffic method that gets you new visitors every day?
Getting boat load of traffic is a dream of every newbie blogger. Publishing your post and praying to God , may not be a good traffic generation method.
In the beginning days of your blogging career every new visitor arriving to your site makes you feel overwhelmed with joy. I used to check my traffic statistics in the midnight, whenever I woke up to have some water.
You all know small streams of water are joined together and form a huge river.
Here is a traffic generation method that may appear to be a small stream, but has the potential to transform itself into a flood.
That is, getting traffic from question Answer sites.
What are Question Answer sites.
These sites provide answers to questions asked by users. The answers can be from other users or from experts, professionals from the field concerned.
Some of these sites concentrate on particular niches, like Stackoverflow.com, a question-and-answer website on the topic of computer programming. Some other popular sites like “Yahoo answers” and “Wiki answers” deal with numerous different categories.
Start with only one site.
If any one asks me “What is the one and only site, I have to concentrate?”
Then my answer would be “Quora”
What is Quora?
The slogan of Quora explains itself, “your best source of knowledge”. Ask any question, get real answers from people with first hand experience, and blog about what you know. It’s a place where you can ask questions no encyclopedia is ever likely to answer, and get authoritative answers from people .
At Quora questions are created, answered, edited and organized by users.
Before going in, my honest suggestion is….
I hate spam…….. Everyone does.
What is spamming?
Instead of providing useful answer to a question on Quora, spammers just post a link to their blog post, assuming they can get visitors and backlinks.
spammers may get one or two visitors, but not regular loyal visitors. It is certainly not worth such a tedious process to leaving links here and there.
Usually spam answers (or links) appear like this, without any contribution to the question answered.
“Check my blog post at……………”
“I have posted some instructions at……..”
Spammers post their links in every thread whatever they stumble, including topics that are not related to their content.
This could be a serious time killing thing for sincere readers who are looking for valuable information.
But there is a good news. If anyone spams at Quora, their answers are
- Downvoted by the users
- Ultimately deleted.
You may post about your product on Quora in an answer to a relevant question, but repeatedly posting the same information or intentionally misapplying topics on posts in order to gain more visibility may be considered spamming.
How to get traffic from Quora?
1. Quora receives extremely targeted traffic. Usually visitors come to Quora to find a solution to their problem or query. These visitors can be easily converted into loyal readers, if you provide them valuable quality content.
2. You may leave a link to your site in the answer. But before doing that…
- Read the question carefully….understand it.
- Go through all the answers that are already posted by other users.
- Find if any valid point is missing. You may refer to Google or other sources (only credible sources please).
- Now post that information in an interesting way.
- At the end, you may leave a link, with a call to action to visit your site.
Your answer should contribute to the question. If you don’t feel your answer contributes to the question, then do not post at all.
3. If readers like your answer,
- They click your link and visit your post on your domain.
- They upvote your answer. This increases your credibility and helps you build your brand.
- They start following you.
4. If you don’t find any question related to your blog post, you may start a thread by asking the question yourself. Later, you have the opportunity to answer the question yourself.
5. Readers begin following your question. They will be informed every newly added answer.
6. Signing up to Quora requires a person’s real name and profile.
After signing up with your original credentials, you may post anonymously , if you choose.
7. You receive credits when readers upvote your answers. Many upvotes means, your answer reaches top and become first answer to be found. You can spend your credits to promote your question on Quora. You may ask a particular person ( who might be an influential person in your niche) to answer the question, whether you know him or not.
The logic is simple. If you contribute honestly on Quora, you receive credits. Then you may use the credits to promote your questions. It’s a win-win situation.
8. Quora is a reputed site with page rank of 7. The content is frequently crawled by search spiders and indexed by Google quickly. Results from Quora appear in top positions in SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages).
9. It is a nice place to find your peers, influential persons, followers and competitors.
10. Quora enables you to come up with new blog post ideas. By following regularly your niche, you will be able to know, what information readers are looking for and how to provide it in your post.
11. Not only promoting your own posts, if you feel it could contribute to the Quora community, refer other’s blog posts also. You may inform them about this and improve rapport with them.
- Don’t spam.
- Don’t self promote excessively. You will be downvoted and deleted.
- Links you leave on Quora are “No follow” links. They do not bring you any PR link juice.
- Don’t use humor. Quora is for serious and sincere readers. Humorous answers are usually voted down. Know the rules of Quora.
Here are some other popular question answer sites.
- Linkedin.com/answers (now dead)
You don’t need to concentrate on all of the Q&A sites at once. Actually you shouldn’t. Start with one site and learn yourself which works and which won’t.