- HubPages Tutorials and Community
Do You Suffering From Earnings Depression?
Zeroed Out Each Month
Does it bother you when you check your account and your earnings are zeroed out each month? Do you feel anxious as if you must write as many hubs as possible until you have earned atleast your first dollar of the month? It use to bother me but then I had so many wonderful experiences with fellow writers that I was distracted from my original intention on HP which was to earn money. Actually that is not really true. On the surface I may have come to HP to earn money but I was trying to recover from the trauma of the death of my Mother.
And with all the great people and wonderful friends I have made around the world. I still require a little chocolate at the beginning of the month because my earnings are zero. Now they aren't really zero as I have income from the previous month and i have only recently cashed out once. But I am so shallow that it bothers me to see zero earnings at the beginning of each month. And I don't see zero earnings for long. With the amount of material I have published I make income passively whether I write or not. And even now the 5th day of may I am well over $1. So why does it bother me to see zero earnings at the beginning of the month?
Signs and Symptoms of Earnings Depression
- Graphomania at the beginning of each month
- Obsessively checking payment history
- Writing exclusively on topics which have little market value
- Excessively outlining hub articles
- Habitual research for new hub topics
- Anger, resentment and depression as you are more then certain all the other hubbers are secretly millionaires.
TX for Earnings Depression
- Research your topics
- Write articles at the end of each month and publish on the first day of the next month.
- Depend on your hub buddies. They will help you through the metaphysical crisis of zero earnings afterall they are all millionaires right?
- Recognize that within you, you have the power to turn zero earnings into earnings if you only work diligently and consistently at your craft.
- Spend time with your family and friends as you maybe spending too much time obsessing about earnings and may need your priorities straighten out.
- Laugh. I am certain I am you are not alone in this plight every month. More over I am certain it is a motivational tool. So after laughing crack a whip and get on with it.
If you are not having fun what are you doing. While you can earn extra income from hubpages it is really not about the money but the connections to all the wonderful people on hubpages. Don't let your ambition over ride your joy while working here or you will burn out and quit. See the forest through the trees and enjoy what you are doing everyday. Hone your craft and the earnings will take care of themselves. And if all else fails there is always my favorite; chocolate.
- Hurray, I Have Been Paid By Hubpages!!!
An article about earning money on hubpages. ONe author recounts her personal journey writing for HP.
- 500 Hubs and Counting
One authors journey writing 500 hubs in 9 months. From death to rebirth as an online writer.
- My 50th Hub
Account and summary of techniques learned from the author's perspective on techincal aspects during the creation first 50 hubs.
- The 100 Hubs Challenge in 30 Days
One author's journey to successfully complete a challnege of a 100 hubs in 30 days which includes tip for others who wish to also take the challenge.
- The Secret Lives of Hubbers
A satire about the secret lives of hubbers.