GeneralHowitzer 60 Day Challenge LogHub
The strength of the pack is the wolves. The strengh of the wolf is the pack. - Rudyard Kipling, The Jungle Book 1894
Thousands of people have talent. I might as well congratulate you for having your eyes in your head. The one and only thing that counts is: Do you have staying power? - Noel Coward
(Updated May 5, 2010 Manila Time) Still alive and kicking hehehe….
Well I took part on this wonderful challenge to test and assess how far I have gotten through with HubPages and try to figure out my strengths and weaknesses as a writer, for I know I still has a lot of things to learn especially from my seasoned teammates like the mastermind of this worthwhile endeavor Sunforged, the effervescent writing guru Sufidreamer, the versatile SiddSingh, the adorable Frogdropping, dancing virtuoso Marisa Wright, the dynamic Patty Inglish, MS, the brilliant Susana S., the jack of all traits master of all Mark Knowles, and the elegant MM Del Rosario. I am drawing inspiration, wisdom and knowledge each time I read their great Hubs.
I am also looking forward learning from my teammates that I didn’t mention above such as Enlightened Soul, Faybe Bay, N. Ramius, Oderog, Edweirdo, PakPub, Iseult Ruad, WaveGirl22, KeithTax, PrettyDarkHorse, SkyFire, RMR, Shazwellyn, Lela Davidson, Boomer60, Barry Rutherford, KidGas, Deborah Demander, and TheBlackEdition, I know you are all great and I consider it a honor working with you guys. The names is in no particular order and significance (of course Sun is exempted for he is the one that is responsible for this and should always be first on the list as far as 60dc is concern), just followed the sequence of Sunforged on his Log Hub : ).
My goal for the first 30 days:
I laid my battle plan and here it goes:
· The Niches I’ve Chosen for the Challenge:Sports, Travel, e-Commerce and Money Making Online, Politics and Social Issues, Health and Pets and Nature.
· Do hubs that is patterned after the old 30 days HubChallenge, which I think had outgrown its usefulness already since the competition atop in carving out a good place in the Search Engine Page Ranking is becoming stiffer and tougher each day and Sunforged, is right with his virtues that SEO promotions should be eked out real time to maximize the page impressions and earnings.
· Try to get some acquaintances here especially with my teammates in the 60dc HuBlog HubChallenge and try to give comments on their respective hubs.
· Monitor the progress of my teammates and learn from them.
· Be a responsible and productive team member.
The invaluable things that I learned from this Challenge so far:
1. Learn about how to promote Hubs or Blogs using RSS feeds, thanks a lot Mark Knowles,
2. I learned about the link wheel from Sunforged.
3. Learned about how to index hubs/blogs asap thanks a lot SkyFire.
4. SEO techniques from my veteran teammates... especially from Susana S. and still counting
The Coup’ D Grace The Second Phase of the Challenge
· Improve further the tags and key phrases of my hubs in the challenge and use the gun scatter formula of Mark Knowles.
· Improve my overall page impressions
· Improve my Adsense Earnings
· To take full advantage of Facebook dominance in the Internet by posting links as many as I can there.
The Rewards so Far:
I am so delighted that I am reaping pocket-sized milestones while joining the 60dc Challenge. Many thanks to my teammates and to our dear readers. Here are some of my small triumphs so far:
1. I’d exceeded the 10,000 barrier for page impressions in a month. As of today I tallied more than 11,000+, not yet a monster compared with the titans of Hubpages, nevertheless, ample enough to make me delightful. My overall page impressions ballooned to more than 60,000+. Additionally I am averaging around 400 views per day for the last month, and around 600 to 700 for the last week. (April 18, 2010)
2. Two of my hubs are in top 100 in the HubPages’ Hot List as of this time. Overall four is in the top 200. (April 18, 2010).
3. One of my hubs was featured last April 17 to April 22 (so far).
4. Breached the 900 page views for a day.... Today April 22 I tallied 900+ views. This day I nailed my nth 100 Author score, after a long while. Thanks teammates and HubPages.
5. Just secured my first ever 100 HUBSCORE with the hub about the nice beaches in the Philippines now I am beginning to love what I am doing further. Thanks a lot teammates and HubPages hehehe, this is one of the most diifficult achievements to get in HubPages and finally I get this, whoa, now I am again fully rejuvenated for I am always busy doing a lot of things. (April 23, 2010).
Raising the bar one notch higher...
Whoa, this Challenge will be a life changing for me in terms of Hubbing and Blogging, as I go along I hope I could learn a lot from seasoned and truly veterans of the realms of HubPages. This Hub is a naïve and conservative one and I hope this will turn into a beast or something, nyahahaha, as the challenge progresses.
I will start slow and hope will finish strong, and see how far I have gone through after months of enjoying Hubbing.
Since I am like a newbie in this field I would rather be at the sideline and watch my team’s progress and learn from their brilliant ideas. Then assess what I could do to help contribute to the team’s success and also improve how to monetize my efforts through making tempting and delicious hubs that was built around with solid foundation, and formidable pillars and cornerstones.
I am very busy last week and I am doing my best to catch up I will do my best learn more about my teammates, participate in the forums and other activities the team is concentrating on. I will definitely find time to read most of your hubs guys.
Sunforged and to the rest of the team. Good Luck to All of Us. I will regularly update this hub.
My fifth 60dc Hub. 60dc-logs .