- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Getting Traffic for Your Articles
How to Use Your Hubs to Increase Traffic to Your Website or Business
If you have an online business, you are obviously an expert at what you do, or at least very well informed. And since your so well versed in your particular industry, that means you have information you can share with the world. There are plenty of people who don't know as much as you do, ya know =)
Even better, by authoring some hubs in niches related to your business or website, you not only fulfill the requirements of a good hub for hubpages, but you can smoothly ad a link at the end of your hub for those that would like to see why you are such an expert.
Just make sure your hubs are educational, interesting and as GENUINE as possible. There are already tons of "how to make money" articles and "buy my stuff" articles. Write something you are passionate about, and the traffic will flow from your hubpages to your site and into your wallet (where you really wanted it to go in the first place).
Using hubpages as your platform to interview others in your industry, is a great way to build rapport with your readers and generate genuine traffic. If you're at a lack for other people to interview, you could also have someone else interview you, then publish the interview in a hub.
Use Pictures and Videos
Anytime you can use an authentic picture or video in your hubs, you will get way more attention from search engines than content with no media other than text. More than half of my own earnings on hubpages and traffic going to my sites, comes from the hubs where I use pictures in a relevant way. And occasionally in irrelevant ways.
So take pictures of your products, do videos of you preforming your services or find another creative way to incorporate pictures and videos into your hubs in ways that can link back to your website or webstore.
Are you selling any products on your website?
If you are, an easy way to use hubpages to generate traffic towards the products you hope your readers will purchase, is to write reviews about the products. It shows that you've personally used the items you are selling, and it gets others interested in trying out the products themselves and potentially writing their own reviews.
P.S. You can use this same tactic for any services you sell
Share Your Hubs Socially
Seriously, I can not emphasis enough, the importance of building a network on social media platforms and then sharing your hubs on those networks. Statistics show that content shared on facebook is ranked into google search engines faster than any other method. Twitter is another quick way to raise your rank and generate interest, as are any of the other platforms.
To help you get going on some hubs to help create a buzz about your business or website, I'd like to offer you some examples from my own enterprises.
- When I find new cannabis products, businesses, organizations or personalities, I will write hubs about them, and then I can offer my website Cannabook as a site for more information because it's an online all-things-cannabis directory.
- Often I will think of really creative domain names, and if they are available, I'll purchase them so that I can sell them. To help get the word out, I will write hubs about the domain names in interesting ways. Maybe a hub about potential businesses that could be created with said domain name, or niche sites that could be hosted under certain domain names.
- I'm also working on becoming a success coach/personal development specialist/strategic interventionist, as well as a professional speaker. To increase traffic to my site Let Us Get H.I.G.H., and to build my reputation, I will write hubs about personal development. nlp or other related topics, then offer a link to more info or more of my services at the bottom of my hub. Just remember to be tasteful. No one minds a link placed gracefully at the bottom of a hub.
After each hub, I share them with my social media networks and post them in places on the net where there are likely to be people interested in my information, products or services.
Need more help?
- Amanda Carter - LivePerson Expert - Motivation
Get live Expert Advice today! Ask Amanda Carter and get an immediate answer by chat, email and Phone.