- HubPages Tutorials and Community
How to earn $100 from first month on HubPages?
Quality Content is Not to Fear
I have recently written a review on performance of HubPages and about the potential of it. So… what comes next? Next comes the feeling of earning your very first check from the very first month. The fact is, if you reach your payout limit in your first month, then not only you will reach your payout limit every month, but also, you will gain more confidence when writing future articles and automatically, they will gain the reputation of being what many folks and content gurus call “quality content”.
So, let me tell you how you can reach the payout limit in your first month. However, bear in mind that this is not some get-quick-rich scheme or any trick, you need to put your best efforts while doing it and leverage what HubPages have already achieved, i.e. great reputation in search engine’s eyes (algorithms). Then… let us get started… list style.
Content Management System!
- A good start for getting your hopes up would be 10 articles in 1 day (or two at most). I know that it is very hard but think about it as ‘training period’.
- Your first month would be like a ‘training period’ in a company where you will be judged based on your performance and assigned a salary on monthly basis.
- Usually, the training in companies takes three to six months, and you have to work very hard. Don’t take it that you would not be doing hard work with HubPages in your first month.
- I am not convincing you that there (in other companies) you have to work harder and here (on HubPages) you do not. I am saying that if you want to make money while sitting comfortably at your place (doesn’t have to be home), then put some effort in your first month and you’ll see the difference.
- Here comes the part where you cannot decide what to publish or from where you will get so many articles (100 is not a number to be achieved so easily). When you think about it, if you publish 4 articles each day then you can meet the required goal very easily, but sometimes you will run out of ideas and you will not have a topic for just one article.
- So… do some homework and write down what you like. A list of 10 to 20 interests is a great way to start.
- Each morning, read what you like. While you are reading the list, think about the possibilities around you and whether you can turn them into articles or not.
- Many top bloggers and article marketers don’t get ‘writer’s block’ because they do what they like and search about the possibilities around them and ultimately, turn them into wonderful articles.
- So… if you like to paint your garage (not weird), then while painting it, have a piece of paper or diary and pen ready (come on friends, you can do that). When you are painting it, you are bound to have several thoughts about how this work can be easier, if your budget could go up then you could buy a different paint, if the paint you are using would fit for winter or rain, etc. As you see, there are several possibilities around you while you are doing a very boring (or interesting) job.
- What happens with most people is they forget and we don’t want that to happen.
- You can churn out 10 to 20 articles each day, if you actually pay attention to what you keep thinking all day. Painting garage was a good example I think, but you might like to go to a shopping mall today, having a diary and pen is always nice and is never weird, think about what you like and what other people are buying. You are not related to any company (if you are then it would be great) and you don’t need to sell that thing to anyone. Just write about what you think about that product. Is it nice? Is it beneficial? Is it good for your pocket? Does it look funny? Etc.
- Do not over think! Keep your thoughts simple and everything will work out, of course, you need to write them to work on them later.
- Writing is fun and trust me, if you are worried about handling a keyboard then type something that interests you most. It could be your autobiography, a novel, a short story, a letter to your family. Anything, that can keep you motivated to type faster and without pressure (if you think that pressure would get you a long way then you are sadly mistaken).
- When people say that practice makes perfect, they don’t lie. Practice does help in perfection, whether good or bad. So… if you are practicing about ‘not being able to type’ then you are certainly going to be perfect in ‘not being able to type’ and think about it… is it any good? So… don’t over think… type those 10 articles as slow as you can and now that I think about it… if you are a slow typist then forget about typing 10 articles in 2 days because it would turn out as an impossible task to you. Type just 2 of them and reach your goal in 5 days. Your typing speed will only increase when you ‘type’ and ‘type some more’.
- If you can type faster than 30 wpm, then you may go to that old schedule of typing 4 articles each day.
- Currently my typing speed is 83 WPM (words per minute), which is a lot less than what the world is typing out there. But still, it is not bad. I can type a 1000 words article in approximately 15 minutes including the time I think about what I am writing.
- But you don’t have to aim 1000 words per article. The reason I type in list format is because the article automatically expands itself and is easy to read in comparison to several paragraphs. You can write only 400+ words per article and still be good with readers. People like to read short and simple articles that provide value. If your article goes out of bounds then publish it in parts. However, there is no out of bounds in list format.
- You will learn this thing from your own experience. So just type what you want to and everything will fall in its place automatically.
I hope you understand the whole process now. Don’t worry about quality content, because quality content is nothing but true information that you deliver honestly and please, don’t worry about SEO. The more you worry, the more you will not be able to publish quality content. Google says that create content for readers and not search engines and we should abide by that rule.
Note: As you write the content. The article automatically becomes SEO (search engine optimized), because the matter (the main keyword) will certainly appear enough times to tell crawlers of Google what your content is all about. So… don’t worry and just publish… publish as much as you can without spamming (which is creating nonsense content that has no basis).