HubPages Review – After 6 Months
I started working with HubPages on August 2010, you can check out my very first article on HubPages, named Dell Inspiron 15r First Impression - Review. Till then, though I wasn’t much involved in writing articles with HubPages (I would rather use ‘with’ than ‘for’) with so much going on around me. However, I still found some time and posted few articles in these 6 months. So, here is an honest review (like many others) about performance of HubPages in 6 months… in list style.
- How to earn $100 from first month on HubPages?
I have recently written a review on performance of HubPages and about the potential of it. So what comes next? Next comes the feeling of earning your very first check from the very first month.
- The best thing that I like about HubPages is how quickly my articles got indexed by Google search engine. Nearly all of my visitors came from Google search, thereby, making my traffic ‘organic’ and not referred.
- Folks who came from Google usually clicked on ads because when they searched for a particular term and visited my article, they saw a relevant Google Adsense ad, which some of them usually clicked.
- I didn’t make lots of fortune with HubPages, but still I managed to earn $331 in six months (in which $181 came in February alone), which is not so less considering I posted only 40 articles in this time span, which is a lot less than what top Hubbers recommend.
- I personally think that 100 articles on HubPages is the best way to go, if you really want to squeeze out the potential of HubPages and make some extra cash for your bills and even mortgage. It is obvious that if you really want to make some living out of HubPages, then you need to work as hard as if it is your own business (like blog or website or anything that you can completely devote yourself into).
- I have started to work more and more with HubPages as I started to see the vast potential of HubPages and now, for every article I post, I can be certain that I will make at the very least, $1. If you think about it, $1 for each article is not that much great but since your article will always be on HubPages for people to see, you will generate revenue on lifetime basis.
- I am not saying that you should rely on just 100 articles. Like you do a part-time that take nearly 5 to 6 hrs of yours, writing an article for HubPages everyday takes only 30-minutes, when written with pictures and videos and a check for errors (spelling and grammatical).
- So, if you can work for 6 hrs everyday for HubPages and type out quality content (which is nothing but true information that you deliver honestly) everyday, then you will be able to reach the payout limit of Adsense in your very first month, which will give you confidence for writing some more content.
- Working for HubPages does not require any hard and fast rules, but a little devotion would be great to actually churn out a living after working 6 hrs every day for 3 months. After that, all you have to do is work for only 30-minutes each day to ensure that you are actively participating and giving HubPages what they want.
- I should clear that the above statement is not for some extra-cash. If you are certain that you can handle 6 hours each day (without fail) for 3 months, then you would not be needing a job, let alone a part-time one.
- SEO for HubPages is not what everyone is so freaked about. All you have to do is, type out your main keyword (means the matter on which your whole post is all about) as heading, HubPages takes care of URL (which is the same as your heading and is already search engine friendly), be as specific on the category section as you can be, so that your articles point towards right readers and type tags that you think people would search for, while searching for the matter that is inside your article.
- If, I am being too confusing here, then you should let me know and I will be glad to help you out.
Few last words before I leave. HubPages is not a scam because I have received my first Adsense check and most of the revenue came from HubPages. So… don’t waste your time for searching ‘is HubPages scam?’ on Google. Just grab a desk and type out what you can. A great start would be 10 articles (in a day or two, not in a month), so that you can see your first few dollars rolling in Adsense account and giving you more confidence for future articles.