- HubPages Tutorials and Community
My Frustration With My Hubpages Progress
What Does the Problem Seem to Be?
I decided to write this hub for three reasons. First, I have been frustrated with my own lack of progress, though I have attempted many things to try and improve overall success in this arena. Second, it is hoped that other new hubbers will feel a little less frustrated or inept knowing that it is not a quick process to break in to Hubpages and make quick money, or get the high number of hub views coveted. Finally, it would be nice to have some new advice from expert hubbers and/or others that could lead to greater success.
So where do I stand right now? I joined Hubpages 6, almost 7, months ago. I have 40 Hubs. This will be my 41st hub. My hubber score has stayed in the range of about 85-92 or so, and at the present, my hub scores range from 60-79. The most frustrating number, however, is that my page views are consistently very low, even with new hubs published. My hub that has gotten the most page views ever was published in January and has received 247 views total. My earnings have gone up just slightly, by pennies, each month. I don't seem to be getting any hits on Amazon, though almost all of my hubs have an Amazon box on it with relevant items showcased, and my Google Adwords account does not seem to be working out very well.
So What Have I Tried?
I have tried doing many things to make progress with Hubpages. Here are some examples:
1. I read the tutorials in an attempt to understand Hubpage expectations.
2. I have attempted to write hubs with good content. I have written hubs about many different subjects in an attempt to find subjects that are interesting and have value to others.
3. I have attempted to understand SEO and tried to learn what I could about finding the right key words.
4. I have gone to the forums to read information from others and written my own questions.
5. I read others' hubs, comment, follow others.
6. I have reviewed my hubs, revised, and tuned the titles.
7. I always try to use correct grammar, vocabulary, and punctuation so as to not detract from the writing.
8. I have tried to find websites to submit to for backlinks. I have used the suggestions of others and signed up for accounts with various sites to add my hubs to these directories.
So What Am I Going To Do?
I have really enjoyed writing on Hubpages. This is a great community of writers who for the most part are very supportive of each other and encouraging to each other. I love writing and it has become quite a fun hobby (along with photography) for me. It's a chance to get away from my regular daily activity and create something I can be proud of. Obviously it would be nice to make some money from writing, but the experience is much more valuable. I will continue to write hubs, will continue to learn all I can, and continue to be an active member of this community.
I very much enjoy reading all of the hubs that I get a chance to view. I may not be able to comment much (I try to do all I can), but my Hubtime is limited each day.
I am very thankful for those like Teaches12345, BarbaraKay, billybuc,and a couple of others who are faithful to read and comment. That means a lot and the feedback is invaluable.