- HubPages Tutorials and Community
Publishing Hubs with Disabled Ads...What is the Point?
What is the Point of Publishing Hubs with Disabled Ads?
We are all on hubpages for a reason but our reasons are as diverse as our hubs. We share a common desire to be great writers who are well received and who are paid for our efforts. So why would an author publish a Hub with disabled ads or a hub in which they are certain the ads will be disabled and they will not be financially compensated? Most certainly hubs which have disabled ads are atleast controversial enough to warrant scorn from our peers. So why write a hub in which it will not be well received and the author will not be financially compensated?
There are Several Reason to Write such Hubs.
- Sometimes writers have an obligation not only to entertain but also to inform. Hubpages is exceptionally educational.
- Just because a hub topic is not well received today doesn't mean it will not be relevant in the future. Although the ads were disabled and I was not compensated The David Allen Gore hubs proved to be important to inform the public before his execution. Gore had been in jail so long it was as if everyone had forgotten what he had done. This made his execution unpalatable. By informing the public about Gore's actions his execution was not stayed.
- Atleast for me writing is not about the money. Don't get me wrong I would like to be compensated. But if I can inform the public about dangers in their community and provide my reader with the skills to be self preserving then I have done my job. There is not greater love affair then that of the author with their readers.
- When you publish an article that you will not be directly compensated for you will still get your name out there as a writer and if people like your work they will continue to read your work. So it is an indirect marketing tool.
- Finally you can create internal links back to articles that you are compensated for as a direct marketing tool.
Controversy sells even if the ads are disabled if it is well written and informative. However, it may not be some people's preference to read such articles. After all they get enough bad news just turning on the television. Sometimes they just want to read something light and enlightening. So you will have to write to your target audience. My target audience has been everyone so I have written on a variety of topics. The most important things to remember is that you are always self advertising when you write. You become the label even when the ads are disabled on your work. I believe I have 521 articles and I have several articles which have disabled ads. I will provide links and let you be the judge of whether you believe the articles are a public service or self advertisement.
My Articles with Disabled Ads
- Characteristics and Treatment of Juvenile Sex Offenders
An analysis of characteristics and treatment of juvenilee sex ofenders from a judicial prespective.
- When Forgiveness is No Longer An Option
Father Bill Carmody asking me to forgive David Alan Gore, a sex offender and murder, for his crimes against my dead friend. Give Father Bill Carmody a call if you think the Catholic Church should be defending rapists and murders in America 1-(719)651
- Serial Killer David Allen Gore Capitalizing on His Serial Killings: Murdering Lynn Elliot et al.
An article explaining the heinous nature of the serial killings committed by David Allen Gore and how he plans on capitalizing on his victims death by publishing a book. The article also gives detailed information how anyone who is interested in seei
- Types of Killers
A review of types of killers and their MO(s) and definitions.