How to Deal with Processing Delays of Earnings in Adsense and Writing Sites
Dealing with delays in earning such as in Bubblews, Hubpages, Squidoo or the like may be cumbersome. They cast a doubt on whether you'll get your earnings, but fret not, you just need to understand what's going on. Hence, in this article we will try to explain what these are and what they imply, for both the Google & writing sites and for you!
Updates Concerning the Delays in Hubpages
Processing Delays we experienced starting August 6 was primarily brought about by the upgrading Hubpages executed such as updates in the Q&A, updates in the profile layouts and etc.
Last July 24, 2012 (some say it's July 25, 2012), Google had a Google Panda Algorithm update. This may be the cause of the delay we are experiencing with our Hubpages Ad Program earning.
Hubs on Hubpages Community
- 10 Things I Started Caring About After Joining Hubpages
After over a month of my stay here in Hubpages, I've noticed that I started to give more importance on certain things around me. Let me share these things to you in this article.
What causes delay in issuance of payment in writing sites?
- Presence of problems with Google - most Ad Programs of the writing sites such as Hubpages is tied up with Google Adsense. Hence, a problem encountered by the latter will also affect the program (e.g. misunderstanding). Subsequently, problems encountered by Google may surface from major updates on Adsense (or in any tools associated with it), technical difficulties or bugs and etc.
- Delays Emanating from Advertisers - it is through advertisers that there are ads appearing in our pages. And these are the people sourcing and funding our earnings here in Hubpages. Hence, if there would be problems with the advertisers, Google (or other advertising sites) might encounter some problematic delays. Ultimately, the ad program will also be affected and incur delays because of number 1.
- System Complications (Technical Difficulties) - there may be system complications occurring in the writing site you are in that affected the timeliness of the earnings report. It may be a matter of priority. They may opt to shift all the efforts towards fixing the problem that might result to a delay in the earnings. Also, writing sites may encounter problems with the calibrations of earnings; hence, instead of providing inaccurate amount of earnings, they might choose not to provide anything at all.
As a hubber, are you bothered by the processing delays?
Processing Delays for Writers
Not only the admins are affected when there are processing delays, writers are too. And here are some of the effects of these delays:
- A Reason to be Worried (Fear of Closing Down) - let's face it, some of us get paranoid when something like this happens. We hypothesize that the writing site we are in is facing a tremendous predicament that may lead to its closing. Although this is highly unlikely, we can't seem to eliminate the thought especially for people who get their primary income streams from this community.
- Losing Track of Progress - when there is delay, writers will temporarily lose track of their progress. This is because hubbers widely use the amount of earnings as a gauge of their performance. When there is a 4-day delay, Hubbers will also lose track of their progress for 4 days and be clueless about the performance of their posts (although this can be temporarily substituted by the search traffic counts).
- Cutting Down of Earning Streams - for people who have writing as a major source of income, the delays may be highly significant, Think of it this way, if a writer has $48 dollars 4 days prior to the end of the month and experience a continuous delay in earnings (while the writing site imposes a $50 threshold), he won't be able to cash out as scheduled (or as he expected). This may be damaging to this person, especially if he has bills to pay as soon as he supposedly receive just after he cashes out. On the contrary, people earning about $0.05 daily wouldn't see it this way.
Regardless of any reasons, it would be completely beneficial for the entire community if this problem gets fixed as soon as possible. And hopefully, it would not take any longer before the writing sites we are in (and/or Google) address the processing delays. This will do some of the writers a great deal of favor!
What are your processing delay horror stories? Share them here!