- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Making Money on HubPages
She Told Me Review - a social bookmarking and revenue sharing site
I've been on Hubpages for quite some time, but have just recently started taking it somewhat seriously. One of the areas I've been researching is backlinking. Backlinking is, essentially, adding links on other sites, such as social bookmarking sites, to your Hubs. Backlinking helps improve your ranking in Google search results. One of the newer and cooler sites for backlinking and promoting your Hubs is shetoldme.com. I explain the essentials about shetoldme.com in this article. For more information on backlinking, read my backlinking article here.
- One of the cool things about shetoldme.com is your application to join has to be approved by a person. You must write your "motivations" for joining the site. I think this is cool, because it weeds out a lot of spammers.
- shetoldme.com gives you 100% of Google AdSense revenue generated....this is a little misleading though....here's the scoop, directly from shetoldme.com: "Up to 3 AdSense blocks are displayed on this page, if you fill in the AdSense Publisher ID in your account, an AdSense block with your ID will be located closest to the title of your link, at the best spot in terms of CTR, 100% of the time." There are other AdSense ads displayed on the page, but you'll only get paid for the closest to your title and link. I think this is acceptable though.
- Front page coverage - shetoldme.com will display your "scoops" (just another word for link to your articles / blog) on their front page if you get enough votes. This is pretty decent coverage. It doesn't take a lot of votes either.
- shetoldme.com is partnered with Chitika. Chitika is like Google AdSense - you get paid for clicks on Chitika ads. This is pretty cool because it is another potential revenue avenue, in addition to Google AdSense.
- The only drawback I've found with shetoldme.com is the interface. I find it a little difficult to navigate and review my article comments, votes, etc. It's not horribly bad though and I think benefits outweigh the somewhat cumbersome interface.
Click here to begin the registration process on shetoldme.com!
Do it now, before you forget!
This is pretty simple...you've got nothing to lose by joining shetoldme.com. I suggest you check it out immediately and start promoting your hubs. I noticed a pretty decent increase in traffic, and associated AdSense and Amazon revenue, once I started promoting (backlinking) my hubs on sites such as shetoldme.com.