The Value of Sharing Good Hubs with Your Followers
The Value of Writing
Writing articles is an incredibly relaxing, therapeutic, and exhilarating experience. The process of putting on paper your knowledge, thoughts, and entertaining tidbits helps you gain a deeper understanding of yourself and what you stand for. But for most writers, this is not the only purpose of writing. The dream of every writer is to know that their writing is of value, they are contributing to a greater body of knowledge, and people are moved to both deeper thoughts and actions through reading the author's material.
This is not the case for everyone. Some people want to write without the world knowing the topics of their penmanship. If you desire your writing to be secluded from the eyes of others, then the rest of this article is of no relevance to you - and you should probably NEVER write anything online. But, for those of you who are interested in writing things outside of your diary and want people to read it, keep reading!
Hubberly Love - How to Gain More Readers
There are many ironies in life:
- It is impossible to complain about a complainer without becoming one yourself.
- The word abbreviation is incredibly long.
- Iceland is green and Greenland is icy.
- The only thing that is certain in life is that life is uncertain.
- You don't find happiness by seeking it out, but by trying to provide it to others.
One thing we can know: as many great philosophers have stated throughout time, it is better to give than to receive. When we focus on sharing, it comes back to benefit us!
What does this have to do with writing articles on HubPages or elsewhere online? Everything!
The more that you share other people's quality articles with your followers and viewers, the more views you receive! Two HubPages authors that I know do this a lot are Molometer and Alocsin. There are many others, and all of them not only write quality articles themselves, but also share the great writing of others when they come across it.
This is a brilliant action. Some may believe that recommending other authors' articles will decrease the viewership of your articles. On the contrary, it gives you a tremendous boost.
Why Sharing Articles Helps You
I absolutely enjoy following Molometer because he shares great articles all of the time. If I notice that he has shared an article, I know that it will be both entertaining and a good read. Additionally, when I write a good article I know that he may share it with his followers - increasing my article views!
Now that you know having people around who share your articles is beneficial, why is it beneficial for you to share other people's articles?
There are four reasons to share other people's hubs with your followers:
- Flattery: Everyone appreciates being recognized for doing a good work. Sharing someone's article will reveal that you have noticed their talent and insight. This is simply being considerate and thoughtful - the world needs more people who do this.
- Mutual Sharing: If someone else shares your article, you will think, "Hey, I should share one of their articles!" Therefore, through being thoughtful towards someone else, they may reciprocate, benefiting you as well!
- Publicity: When I continually see someone's name, it becomes more recognizable and quickly attracts my attention. If I see your name only once, it is unlikely to stick. However, if your name consistently shows up on my news feed, with quality content, you will stand out in my mind - just as molometer does.
- Positive Associations: If I see someone posting great articles (their own or someone elses), I will associate them with great reads! With so many articles being published, it is hard to know what is worth reading. When someone who is trusted recommends an article, I read it! When they write their own article, I read it! The quality of your articles may even appear higher if you are sharing other, high quality articles.
Why It Works: When someone is shopping for a computer or vehicle, there is a lot of competition. I am not going to purchase two cars or two laptops. However, with free articles, there is no competition! Someone can read your article AND my article - we both gain views, we both make an impact, we both come out ahead.
Clearly, sharing quality hubs is a win-win situation. I'm going to start doing it more often. Maybe you should too!
Let Me Share Your Hubs!
If sharing hubs is valuable for everyone involved, why wait any longer? Let's start now!
Here is the game: If you share this article with your readers (or another one of mine - if you've seen this one too much), and then mention to me in a comment that you have done so, I will share one of your articles that I like with my followers.
This way we both receive a few more article views, potential gain a few more followers, and get to have some fun sharing great articles with each other.
Share and comment below and we will see what happens. Then discover how to really make money with HubPages.