- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- HubPages, the Community
What I Know about Hubpages
1. A hub that is very popular today may be in last place tomorrow. The same goes for our own score. It seems to vacillate with the weather. I try not to get depressed when my score is heading down, but I can’t help getting euphoric when it starts going up. My goal is to be in the 90s for more than a couple of days!
2. Hubbers love to learn new ways to improve their traffic. You have to continually work to get traffic. There are plenty of sites out there that claim to bring tons of traffic to you, but most of them you either have to wear out your fingers clicking on their zillion sites so those same sites can click on yours, or you can pay for them to send you the traffic.
3. Hubbers must be very shy or ugly because not too many of them like to use their own pictures on their profile! I wish I knew what they really looked like. thranax I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s hudsonj1994 prettydarkhorse Ivorwen just to name a few. Or maybe it is better that I don’t! I changed from my own picture to a silly one and my score went down – maybe I should stick with my real photo or even better use one of someone that is gorgeous.
4. If you add a link to your hub on facebook or digg, some people will only reply on facebook or digg. They do not comment on your actual hub. This defeats the purpose of sending out the link. People other than hubbers are reluctant to leave a message on your hub. They just peek and then go. Dang!!
5. It is good to link like hubs together. That way if they like the hub they are on, they will probably click on the related hub. I am still learning lots of tricks like that from the smarter more experienced hubbers.
6. You can get your hub on several search engines at once by using pingomatic.com http://pingomatic.com/
7. Hubs with a score of less than 75 will most likely not make money for you. That is why they keep reminding us that quality is better than quantity. Of course it depends on the subject, but most great hubs take a bit more time, research and effort to put together.
8. It does matter how you set up your hub. Just using the first template available for your hub, as I did in the beginning, is not so effective. Appropriate pictures, youtube videos, polls and rss feeds take time to find, but add a lot to your hub.
9. Pictures of pretty girls do bring in more traffic.
is my most visited hub. Maybe I need to post more attractive women in my hubs.
10. The forum can be a scary place! Controversial topics seem to find the forums and because no two hubbers think exactly alike, it can almost get out of hand. I have been shocked by a few of the comments I have seen – especially to do with religion. I am glad they have banned a few hubbers that got carried away with vulgarity and bashing. Some hubbers would do well to keep a very open mind and control their fingers.
So to Hubpages, thank you for the lessons learned. I still have
a long way to go. I appreciate those who help those of us who are wannabe writers. Here is a little HubLOVE for you!!
- How To Tell if Hubpages is More Than Just a Hobby
Okay newbies, and old timers, this is a list to help you determine if you are in getting too carried away with your hubpages usage: Your former reason to live is a faint memory Your movies...