Why I Publish On Hubpages
Hubpages is an open forum for writers. Some choose to publish fiction, some poetry and some promote their products to make money. My objective are many and it deserves some explanation.
I started publishing in 2006 on Squidoo. My original attraction was the charity aspect. Squidoo had an option where any earnings made would be donated to some charity of your choosing. I thought this was a great way to do what I enjoy which is writing and at the same time help some charity. In 2014, Squidoo was merged into Hubpages. That's how I ended up here.
After some migration issues, I am now comfortable publishing on Hubpages. There is some learning curve and I am over the hump. The only disappointment is that Hubpages do not have the charity option. I don't publish to make money. I only publish for my own enjoyment and for disseminating knowledge.
Why I Publish?
I am not a creative writer. I write to communicate. Therefore, I don't write fictions or poetry. I like to read them and appreciate the arts but it's not who I am. Here are a list of topics that I write about. In Hubpages, there is a group option where you can categorize your hubs. These are my groups. Note: The group option is recently discontinued by HubPages.
- Sports - I wrote a hubbook on the Art of Fencing. I use to be a fencer on my college team.
- Religion and Faith - I am a Christian and I like to impart my faith and world view.
- Politics - I am conservative and a Constitutionalist. I write about beliefs and principles.
- Technology - I am interested in new technologies.
- Science - I follow some science topics of interest.
- How To? - I like to pass on knowledge gained.
- Fixing - I also like to come up with solutions to current problems.
- Travel - I write about places that I visited that are unusual and worth visiting.
- Entertainment - I write about movies and documentaries that I like.
- Cooking - I like to cook and share some simple recipes.
- Hubpages - I write on topics to help and share knowledge on using Hubpages.
- Personal - Some personal stuff which I share mainly to define who I am and what I have experienced in my lifetime so far.
- Misc. - Anything else that do not fit into the above categories.
The Advantage of Hubpages Publishing
Hubpages is a Web 2.0 Application. It is a multi-media platform. This means besides words, you can enhance your content with images, video, links and feedback and promotional items and they all are web accessible by anyone.
I love to read and write. I am not a professional and don't have an arts background. I am an engineer by training and a student of history. I believe in preservation of our culture and propagation of wisdom and knowledge.
Almost all of my hubs have a Month and Year included in the Introduction. This is the date of origination. I've learned from experience that the items I write about have a time reference. My opinion is keyed to that date. I may update a hub later to add additional information or fix minor mistakes. This is useful both for the reader and for myself. When I re-read some of my hubs years later, it will be taken within the context of the time frame when it was created. My opinions may change with time and with added information. I reserve the right to change my opinion accordingly.
© 2015 Jack Lee