jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

how to imbed blogpingtool tracking code in my hub

1. nick071438 profile image54
    nick071438posted 5 years ago

I have 'ping' one of my hubs for free, after which I was instructed to put or imbed its tracking code in my hub.  Honestly, I failed how to do it.  Can anyone conversant on the subject teach me how.  As an afterthought, will 'blogpinging' help my hub.  Thank you in advance.

1. Cardisa profile image92
      Cardisaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You cannot embed codes into your hubs.  The best I could offer is using a contextual link on your profile page.

I have never use blogpinging before. The pinging tool I once used never asked for a backlink.

nick071438posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I see blogpinging tools now more of a bother than help.

2. Greekgeek profile image97
    Greekgeekposted 5 years ago

Sites like Hubpages get crawled by search engines every day anyway, so pinging is generally not necessary, especailly once you've started to build up a body of articles. Mine get indexed within a day, and usually within 15 minutes. I don't bother with pinging, url submission, or other search-engine-focused tactics.

The blog pinging site that's trying to convince you that it's going to help your hubs is going to get more benefit from the backlink than you will from their service.

nick071438posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Greekgeek- I treasure your views about blog pinging here in hubpages as golden nuggets.  Right now I'll try to disconnect my link with it now.  I'll try to keep your words and not be misled again.  Thank you.

2. Cardisa profile image92
      Cardisaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you too Greekgeek. I did the pinging thing when I was a newbie but hate the extra work so haven't done any sort of marketing in nearly a year....lol

working