jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)

1. professorjeff profile image76
    professorjeffposted 5 years ago

I want to use a picture on Flickr and when I click the licensing terms I get this: Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)

Nice, but does it mean I can or can't use it. Does Flickr or any other commons have a good number of pictures that can be used without paying a fee? Since Hubpages is commercial, I am guessing there isn't a great number of free pictures. If that's the case, I'll just take my own.

Thanks,

Jeff

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Flickr has an advanced search for commercial use images. I use morguefile myself.

1. professorjeff profile image76
        professorjeffposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Is there a fee?

1. WryLilt profile image86
          WryLiltposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Trust me, I never pay for anything I can get for free.

2. Healthy Pursuits profile image92
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 5 years ago

I use mainly Ficker Commons and Wikimedia Commons. I also use morguefile and (for veggies or animals) USDA, and I check Wikipedia for images if I get stuck for one. They usually use either CC or public domain pictures. If you look at government sites, pictures taken by government employees are usually public domain. There are a lot of other free picture locations, and very helpful hubs have been written about them.

If you search HubPages for public domain, you'll get a lot of great ideas for both public domain and creative commons picture sites.

working