jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Denied by google ad for lack of content?!?

1. krdennis1977 profile image82
    krdennis1977posted 5 years ago

Today I posted a hub on bipolar and trauma and applied for google ad sense and I was denied due to lack of content I guess for ad purposes. Should I include medications I take to promote? I already linked a book I sourced to Amazon.  I'm very confused just starting this process. Any feedback is greatl appreciated.

Kelly Dennis

1. Kate Mc Bride profile image83
      Kate Mc Brideposted 5 years ago in reply to this

that seems unfair right enough.I don't think you should have to include meds if you already have keywords but it is something to try anyway. (By the way I have written three articles on bipolar here)I will tell you that even with nearly 400 google views  my adsense earnings are less than $2 so maybe you aren't missing out much.It seems as if peope are reading without clicking ads which is good enough for me

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

You need more than 1 hub, and to apply from your profile page url.

krdennis1977posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ok, another thing is I can't find my article when I search for it.  Do I need certain score or more than 1 hub for that too?

3. Horatio Plot profile image83
    Horatio Plotposted 5 years ago

Hi krdennis1977. phew! I'll just call you kr. The whole AdSense process is not at all intuitive. Before you get sucked into the mire read Amy Gillie's great Hub on the subject:
    http://amygillie.hubpages.com/hub/Dont- … le-AdSense
    It should give you a heads up.
    What happens is you get refused due to lack of content, then after you have a few hubs (in my case 3, but wait until you have about 10 just in-case) reapply. You will get an email which will say that they have completed a partial review of your site and that they will get back to you in 4 working days. But they won't, which is where Amy's Hub comes in..........
    Good luck. And don't worry if it takes longer than you think. Just relax and chill, any income you miss out on in the early days will be just a few cents.
    Good luck & congratulations on your first Hub.
    Horatio
    x

Thank you Horatio for the info! I'm about to get started on my second Hub so hopefully within a couple weeks I can reapply for google ad sense. If y'all don't mind me asking, about how much do y'all make per month from Hub articles?

1. Horatio Plot profile image83
        Horatio Plotposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Me? After 5 months: $0.89 yesterday and $20.55 last month.
        But every Hubber will have a different story to tell, with different circumstances.
        For instance;
        http://dwachira.hubpages.com/hub/Hittin … s-and-more

http://alocsin.hubpages.com/hub/The-Hig … t-1-Basics
        Best thing to do though is just to concentrate on writing quality Hubs and put all ideas of making a fortune to one side.
        And check out the Learning Center;
        http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

Lol, I had no intentions of making a fortune by writing on this website. It was more to get myself back in the groove of writing. In journalism school I knew I'd never make a lot of money with this profession, that' why I'm in default on my student loans from 2002!

4. krdennis1977 profile image82
    krdennis1977posted 5 years ago

Oh, and after I publish more than 1 Hub will it direct me to make a url for my hubs?

1. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

All you'll need  for google will be your hubpages url. (krdennis1977.hubpages.com)

Ok, should I just reapply then? Is there something different I need to do or just reapply?

1. psycheskinner profile image81
          psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You need more hubs. Probably about 10.

working