jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Whats with the DUPLICATE label ?

1. Preethi Anusha profile image89
    Preethi Anushaposted 5 years ago

Hi hubbers .. I've got  a Hub on Hanuman Chalisa . Its chanting  of  a Hindu God. Its one of my best hubs . But unfortunately its being marked as duplicate by HP. How can I change a prayer ? How can that be made anymore original ? Its obviously going to be same in any site. Moreover, my hub is different in many ways ( has pics explaining each verse , self translated , supplementary video )   

What can I do ? Is there a way to get rid of the 'duplicate' label .. I really don't want it there.

1. Cardisa profile image92
      Cardisaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The exact copy of this paragraph, word for word is found on a facebook page:

"Many of the Hanuman devotees insist on reciting the 40 verses 7 times a day ( as its mentions in the Chalisa itself) in order to gain blessing from the lord . But I personally either go through the verses or listen to the bhajan atleast once a day because of the kind of mental peace it beings . I still can not recite the chalisa without reading it from the book . But I made it a point to understand it fully ."

I also suspect other paragraphs in your intro has been used elsewhere as well along with the descriptions of the photos.

90% of the content of that hub has been duplicated. I suggest rewriting the hub in your own words. Make sure you have more original content in the hub than that which you copy or reuse. A good ratio would be 2:1 so for every word of reused content you have two original words of your own that way your hub will be 2/3 original.

Preethi Anushaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for taking the time  Cardisa .
        But except the part that is in Hindi ( which is the prayer ) all else is written by me. I can add no more to it . It would be exaggeration.   
        Yes , I've just seen the FB page. The hub has been exactly copied. And some other sites using the same images.
        How unfair is it for my work being label duplicate for other's apathy !
        Don't really understand what to do .
        Sigh !

Deleted

I came back and double checked your hub. All the other content except for the prayers and descriptions are original.

I deleted my earlier comment. The hub is very popular and I can see many of your people have visited and left comments and I assume you get lots of traffic as well.

(1) that paragraph up above, reword it to make it more your own.

(2) Give us a little history of who Hanuman Chalisa was and why he became so important.

(3) Write something about the importance of going to temple in your country or family. By the time you are done you should have at least 300 more words.

I would also rearrange the hub and photos so that the wording is on the left of each photo. It takes a while to scroll through it and with more content it's going to be even longer.

Thank you so much ...
              I have contacted the admin of that FB page.  Hopefully that should work .. else, I'll try the above.

2. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

I think that if you add some original text to make the prayer text less than 40% of hub, HP will let it live.

Except the prayer part , which is in Hindi ( which I cannot change ) , all else is written by me . Not copied form any source .

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
        paradigmsearchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Then it looks like Cardisa has found some people who stole your content. sad

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

You also posted the text on your facebook page, that makes it duplicate.

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Okay it is someone else's page.  Report the plagiarism and get it taken down. The email hubstaff to explain the problem.

working