jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Off season articles

1. monisays2u profile image59
    monisays2uposted 5 years ago

Will I get the same traffic if i write articles off season e.g Olympics or they have to be written in specific period?

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

If they're seasonal evergreen (keep their relevance for every olympics), they'll increase in views whenever the olympics are on or people are suddenly interested in the olympics.

What people are googling decides your traffic.  But it takes time for an article to rank well - some hubbers start writing their Christmas hubs in June.

monisays2uposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.But according to you writing about Christmas in June is a good idea.

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It takes 6-9 months for online content to start seeing good traffic. Writing ahead means you give your content time to age.

3. SmartAndFun profile image98
    SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago

Well before the season arrives, make sure your seasonal articles don't get "idled" and are not snoozing.

Is there a way  to stop articles from snoozing?

1. SmartAndFun profile image98
        SmartAndFunposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Idling low-performing hubs is a new feature that HP just implemented, so it's hard to give much advice just yet, but it seems that basically writers need to check their seasonal hubs from time to time throughout the year, and tinker with them so that the algorithm reads them as fresh and not lacking anything. I had a few recipe hubs that don't get many views and the algorithm put them on idle (look for a little "zzz" in the far right column on your hub stats page). I went in and edited these hubs slightly, and now they have little green dots where the "zzz" was, which means they're not no-indexed anymore.

If you'd like better info, there's a post in the learning center about this, and a huge thread on the hubpages annoncement forum.

But as discussed above if write about Christmas right now will i get the required traffic at that time or should i wait till Christmas?

1. SmartAndFun profile image98
            SmartAndFunposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If I were you I would go ahead and write it and publish it now, but check it continually over the next few months to make sure it does not get the little "zzz" symbol. If it does, make a few small changes and resubmit it as quickly as possible, so it will be reindexed as soon as possible.

Thanks......You solved my great problem.......you deserve a 100+ hubberscore

4. profile image50
    mackllinvingerposted 5 years ago

YES Friend's
    i agree with you.

working